☆The next morning☆

The next morning was dreary and grim. It had been two days since Lila's project in the woods and news about will Byers had spread like wild fire. A little boy missing in the tiny quiet town, hawkings, Indiana. The streets held a heavy air as Lila roller blades down the sidewalk. The energy in hawkings was grim. Something was brewing in the tiny town and no one was prepared for what was going to happen in the months coming. Lila didn't know what it was but she could feel it in her core.

As she neared closer to the school she noticed Steve and his goons in their usual spot. She held her groan and attempted to skate past and surprisingly they didn't stop her. A sign of respect she guessed that would soon pass but for now she enjoyed it.

As she walked into the school with her skates hung by the long string in her shoulder, she takes note of the absence of mr. black. Spotting him down the hallway he stares at her but says nothing of her skates today like he does every other day. Today was a sad day for hawkings. Lila was sure it would pass though. She's sure as soon as they find will everything will go back to normal but for now she was glad not getting constantly nagged on though she wishes it was under different circumstances not just because her brother was best friends with will.

For a small moment after Lila open her locker her eyes linger on the the mirror on the door. The girl glancing back at her at this moment was very tired looking as many people in Hawkins were. Especially Joyce.

Tearing her eyes from the mirror was an easy task and she does so, setting her skates in the bottom of her locker and shutting the door. The photography classroom welcomed her with the scent of coffee and metal this morning. Something she was very familiar with. It was comforting. With the whole day being dreary it was nice having some comfort.

Ally and kiara offered her half smiles as she sat down at there table. No rowdiness today, or the past couple days. With one loud sigh Lila lays her head on the table and listens to the teacher drone on about depth of field.

Today would be long for her and she knew it.
             ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ
"Okay what is up with you?" Lila asks Dustin as she ties her hair up in a ponytail. He had been quite ever since he got home from school and he'd been tapping the arm of the couch something he only does when nervous.

"Up? Nothings up." Dustin says too quickly for something not to be up. After she finishes her hair she walks over to him and sit in front of him on the foot stool.

"Whatever it is your telling me when I get back." She pats his knee with a smile and gets up to walk to the door. "Don't stay at the wheelers to late tonight, remember you have a test tomorrow."

Dustin nods without looking at her. Something was extremely up. Lila let's it slip her mind for now though tonight she was going to help on the search party. She had volunteered this morning.

Lila believes in karma. You get good karma from doing the right thing and bad karma from doing the wrong thing. It's a simple concept to believe in but that's how she went about life. But it was quickly being tested. What had will Byers done to conjure up that kind of karma? Something about a boy her brother age gathering that much karma didn't sit well with her. There's no way he could've.

Pushing the thoughts to the back of her mind, she smiles once she finally reaches the meeting point for volunteers. She signs in quickly and walks over to the coordinator.

"Hello ma'am." Lila says politely when she reaches the front of the line. She give the lady a polite smile and it's quickly returned by the middle aged lady in front of Lila.

"Miss Henderson." The middle aged lady smiles once again. "You are placed in a group with sheriff hopper, his partner, and Scott Clark."

Lila smiles once again at the lady. Lila was glad she actually had a good group and not a bunch of teenagers. Lila walks over to sheriff hopper with a bounce in her step.

"Sheriff hopper." He looks down at her as he's almost a whole foot taller. "I'm in your group today."

She could tell he wanted to roll his eyes but he held it back. She didn't blame him though. He probably thinks she's gonna just be a rowdy teenager.

"Great." He says. Faking happiness. With a sigh Lila decides to move on to other people in her group. The closest being Scott Clark. Her brothers science teacher.

"You're a science teacher aren't you?" She says to gather Mr. Clarks attention. He nods.

"I am." He smiles. She notices his strong smile lines. "And leader of the Av club."

"You know my little brother then?" She asks. She sees his eyes drift to her name tag. Henderson.

"Ah Dustin." He nods. "Truly a smart boy. Very interested in science and technology."

"He always has been." Their small talk is cut short by the whistle blowing signifying that they are allowed to start walk through the woods now.

"Will Byers."

"Will."

People shout his name in all different directions. It wasn't even Lila's name and it was overwhelming her. Surely if will was our here he wouldn't know which way to go.

As they neared the edge of the quarry hoppers parter stands on the very edge of the cliff.

"Whoa, whoa careful. I need you alive for the next few days at least." As hopper speaks Lila takes in the view. It may be a hard time for Hawkins but the quarry truly is beautiful.

"Oh hell I could survive that." The parter speaks up. Lila cringes and looks at the depth of the water below.

"With water that far down itd be like hitting concrete." Lila states to them. Just as quick as she sees the thoughtfulness in their eyes hoppers radio goes off.

"Hey chief we just got a call from bennys." The radio clicks. And then clicks again. "I think you should get there as quick as you can."
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

Just as soon as Lila got to her front lawn so did Dustin. She gave him a smile as she unlocked the door. He was caring a Tupperware container and handed it to her as he walk into the house.

"Mrs. Wheeler made extra meatloaf for you." Lila smiled as Dustin spoke. Mrs. Wheeler was always thoughtful. Lila walked into the kitchen and sat it on the counter. As she walk back out into the living room she caught Dustin trying to go upstairs. She quickly grabs his wrist and pulls him to the couch instead.

"Alright tell me what's up." She doesn't ask anymore it's a demand. Dustin crushes under her glare. He never could keep anything from her. For as long as he could remember she could read him like a book.

"There's this girl and she can move stuff with her mind and her names eleven." Dustin spits out all at once. Lila sticks her hand up.

"Calm down." She pulls her hand down. " slower this time."

"The night after will disappeared we went looking for him." Lila holds in her comments until the end but she makes a mental note. "Well we didn't find him but we found eleven and she can move stuff with her mind. And it's crazy."

"Okay so she's can move stuff, " Lila pauses trying to process it. "With her mind?"

"Yes. We were going to tell wills mom but she closed the door." Dustin explains quickly.

"She's staying at wills right now? And Mrs. Wheeler doesn't know?" Lila asks to make sure she's correct. Dustin lunges forward and grabs her wrist.

"Yes but you can't tell anyone." Dustin begs. Lila studies him. It's not the look of him just not wanting to get in trouble he's afraid. She puts her hand over his.

"I won't." He sighs in relief. "But I expect to be introduced. You guys can't be doing this yourselves. Also no more going to look for will in the middle of the night without me."

Dustin sighs and leans back on the couch. He's happy to have gotten that off his chest. Lila gives him a smile and raises from the foot stool to go grab the meatloaf from the kitchen.
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ