"And who's this cutie? Is this the baby?"

"Yes. This is Jada."

"Hi, baby."

"I'd love to say hi to your baby." I eyed her.

"Ellis Shepherd.. They took her for some mandated tests. She'll be back."

As she finished, they wheeled Ellis in next to Mer's bedside. Alex and I looked at the adorable, sleeping baby. She was definitely Derek's daughter..

"Are you ready to be discharged, Mrs. Grey?" The nurse asked, standing at the door.

"Yes."

"Great, we'll get started on that."

We were at the hospital for the rest of the day. It was nice to see a smile on Mer's face. I got up, zipping up my jacket and grabbing Jada's bag.

"Where do you think you're going?" Mer asked.

"I have a 19 hour drive back to Seattle so I have to get going."

"You're getting on the plane."

"They won't let me, trust me I've tried."

"We'll make sure of it. You drove 19 hours, 37 weeks pregnant because I was in trouble. There's no way I'm going to let you drive back."

Alex booked our flight for tonight. Sure enough, they argued their way into me getting on the plane. The flight attendant constantly checked on me which was very annoying.

"You ready?" I asked Mer once we stood outside of her & Derek's home.

She hadn't been back inside since she left. She stared at the door for another 5 minutes.

"Everything smells like him. The tumor on the wall, the sheets.."

"It's okay, Mom." Zola grabbed & squeezed her hand.

Mer nodded, deeply sighing as she blinked back tears. She stuck the key in, twisting it and opening the door. She slowly walked in, looking around the home. 

"Come on, Zo, let's get Bailey and your little sister settled in." I told her.

"I'll take Ellis, you take those two." Alex directed.

"Why do you get one kid?"

"Because she's the cutest and the easiest."

"Hey!" Zola said, hitting his leg.

~

It had been a couple weeks, and I was ready to pop any minute. I was back at work, sort of excited for surgery.

Jackson had been periodically checking on me all day at a distance. He asked a simple 'are you okay?' and frowned as he walked away once I told him I was fine.

I finished the last of the paperwork for today. I was exhausted and ready to lay in my bed. I hit submit, making my way towards the lobby.

"Richard Webber!" Catherine's voice echoed through the lobby.

"Catherine?" Richard asked, confused.

"I'm mad at you!" She exclaimed.

"I'm doing something I swore I never would. I'm asking a question when I don't know the answer.."

"What's going on?" Owen asked, coming up next to me.

"Shh!" A nurse shooshed him.

"You're worth me standing here like a fool, announcing how I feel in front of the entire hospital! I love you, Richard Webber! I love you, and I would very much like for you to be my husband. That is, of course, if you would like it, too."

Her face softened at the end, hoping he accepted. He crossed his arms, looking around the room then back at her.

"Well, about damn time." He said before smiling.

Everyone cheered while Catherine rushed down the stairs to kiss him. Most of the staff dispersed; I went up to the couple.

"Congratulations."

"Oh, thank you, Sage." Richard smiled, hugging me.

Catherine hesitated, unsure if she should hug me.

"How are you doing? How's the baby?"

"We're fine."

"Did you and Jackson find out the gender?"

"Yes. I'm surprised he didn't tell you."

"Yes, well, he's a busy man."

"I'm sure he is." I stated, looking past her at Jackson who had been staring at me for the last five minutes.

•••••••••••••••

in case anyone was confused, Meredith was 16 weeks pregnant when Derek died, different from the show. Sage is almost to term. Mer is six weeks before her.