Chapter 12: Regrets

The rain was pouring down, as I saw my reflection in the window, I never thought that these eyes would show such an emotion. And I wasn't expecting that I could go back, from the border of the empire that was supposed to be the place that I was thrown into.

While working in a pub under the guise of a commoner, I stumbled upon a drunk lady that knew my origins. Things escalated fast that it was very hard to believe it happened. She reverted my fake appearance to my real look and even took me near my home.

I was really thankful to her. However, I still couldn't bring myself to go back home yet. Unsure of the explanations that I'll give, though mother might be delighted that I came back safe and sound, but I'm still unsure of the consequences.

With a flick of her finger, we teleported into a house, a huge and wide living room. Was she a noble?

"Welcome!" She spoke in delight.

A tea set then appeared out of thin air on the table. Today was full of surprises, vet there'll be more.

I asked to break the ice, "Um! Who are you?"

She invited me to sit on the sofa that's so soft and fluffy.

Now going back, before answering my question she took a sip of her tea and stared at me with those jade eyes of hers.

"Guess It'll be fine if it's you" she sounds like she was hesitating. "Let's see, who am I?" She playfully smiled, she opens her mouth once more and spoke along these lines that made me stunned

"I'm your aunt, it may be hard to believe since I have a young appearance but I'm really your aunt" she's motivated to convince me but...

Eh?

"I'm kind of royalty, something something"

Eh? (2)

"I was really surprised to see Athy's child in flesh! I never thought that I won't see the Obelia's descendants after the ***** ended"

Eh? (3) what did she say? I couldn't hear one word though.

I thought mother didn't have any siblings and a relative or even cousins and was the only child but she often told me and my other siblings a story about a certain girl.

Maybe it's connected to her in some ways but I'm not sure whether she was real or not.

The girl was known as the girl that doesn't exist, no one remembered what she looked like or what her features were. But mother definitely knew who the girl was. Everyone denied her existence and when mom was young she said she kept insisting on telling everybody where she went but they replied, "Who?"

"Ah! Did I forgot to introduce myself?"

Even the emperor didn't know who the girl was. The only person who believes her was father, but father once told me that something was off on that day and no one could recall the name, even he the greatest magician didn't know what the reason was.

'Jeannette'

"I'm Jeannette!"

Eh? (4)

"So so so! Khalid! How is Athy doing these days?" I can't call her my 'aunt' after displaying such young teenager vibes. She suddenly seems down, eh was it because I didn't answer her eh? Chotto!

"I don't know if I can call her Athy, we weren't really close back then to call each other nicknames," she said, playing with her fingers.

She then continued after seconds of silence, "I just talked to her once when I gave her a protection present, it was my first time putting a spell on an item but it was worth it!"

Now that I think about it, wasn't she drunk? She did drink tea when he arrived here but is she sober? She's still rabbling though.

'I wanna go home, should've gone home earlier' -Khalidstopregretinlife20XX

---

I got sleepy so did short but hope u all had fun!

PS don't drink coffee at night