Chapter 10: Protection.

"Hello, old man" I spoke, out of curiosity about what reaction he'll make. And as expected he's well-composed.

He smiled, "Are you shopping today as well?"

This guy isn't he so suspicious, he recognized me immediately, though I was in disguised last time. I asked back with a rather calm tone, "How did the old man know me?"

He twitched, surprisingly that was ridiculously a fun thing to see. He answered seconds after hearing my question, "Nothing, I just recognized you" and smiled. Creepy stay away.

"Hoho, is that so? Hm? then since you're here, would you mind recommending me for a gift?" I asked with my fingers on my chin.

"Of course, then for whose present is it?" He asked. I sincerely smiled and blushingly peeked at him through the box I chose.

I stuttered and answered, "It's a present for my little sister" with quite a proud tone.

'Acting like this sucks since I'm not good at it' I muse alongside my thoughts, embarrassed of what I've done.

"Then it's worth a careful consideration" He spoke and made a smile, a smile a kind father would make, though it makes me cringe.

He slightly crouched down, putting his hand on his chest, and asked me, "Pardon, may I take a look at it for a second?"

He complimented the gift that was a neatly cut blue sapphire ribbon. as he touched it gently as if it was a baby. He spoke once again, "If your younger sister has jewel-like blue eyes like the lady" I paused and silently snickered inside my head.

I'm using this magical ring on my finger yet he knew I have jewel blue eyes, fool. No Jennette was a fool for not realizing that. But I'm not easy to fool real daddy.

he continued, "then it would be a very meaningful gift" and smiled again. I ended the conversation here since I don't want to drag it any longer. "I'm grateful for your assistance in picking up a present, Mister"

"Hm... So you're moving on to mister now huh?" he snickered. I replied, arrogantly, "Shh shh, old man to mister only has a slightly different meaning, it just leveled up to another level." I humph and smiled,

"Then I shall get going now, 'Mister' it was nice meeting you" I bowed and curtsy, turned around, and walks away.

I quickly searched for my dog for the day and found him in the bird's shop. I must've guessed that he coincidentally met the princess in disguise, huh.

"Hey, Whitey!" I called out as he flinched after hearing my voice. "J-Jennette, where did you go I was searching for you" He quickly approached me out of concern and searched if I had some injuries or something, he sighed in relief after knowing I was fine.

"I'm not a bird, Ijekiel"

He wasn't searching for me but searching for a bird to give to the princess. What a careless brat. I facepalmed myself and gestured that we shall go home.

While riding in the carriage. I spoke up first to break the ice, he's so silent and seemed out of it. "Did something good happen?" with a smirk. looking at him with the bluebird he bought Inside a holden cage.

he looked up, pointed at the gift box I was holding, "Is that the present?" Noticing there were two.

"Yes, what? you want a ribbon too?" He flinched after my words. I suddenly opened the window beside and a gust of wind entered the carriage as I witness the setting of the sun while the carriage moves slowly.

Then I grabbed one of the gift boxes, took a peek inside and took the satin ribbon that real daddy took a hold of, and checked if something was wrong, including the package box of it.