Chapter 2: Cowering meat

Once again, it was a beautiful day. The sun was rising up above the highest of the blue skies, no, outside the earth, but is this place even earth? I was sipping tea in my supposedly called room.

Remembering what has happened yesterday morning, my face was filled with satisfaction because I don't regret what I did. It was simply his fault to look exactly like Manager Kim that pissed me off to death.

Indeed, they were both handsome as heck. Though, I knew they weren't exactly the same person. I even fell in love at first sight and admired him for his elegant look when I joined the company in my younger years but that doesn't change the fact that I was turned off by his arrogant attitude at work.

He forced his work on me when I was still an intern, while he was enjoying his hot chocolate cup in his office. I was like a damn slave. If it wasn't for the high salary I would have quit a long time ago.

Paperwork here paperwork there.

I've lost counts to how many times I've sucked out his eyeballs in my head. Just thinking about it makes my brows frown. But still the description of this guy, Roger Alpheus was the exact opposite of Manager Kim yet they had similarities.

He uses people at his own disposal to rise his power, while on the other hand, Mr. Kim uses people to do his work for himself to have a leisure, easy-going life. It's basically the same thing.

It was ten long years of hell in that company as that arrogant manager's personal work slave. Come to think of it, he was part of the reason why I died and my soul entered Jenette's body in the first place. If he hadn't forcibly given me those mountains of paperwork in front of the company president I would have been still alive and without kicking the bucket yet.

-Swiun-il-Ssi can do it, sir, she's my most trustworthy subordinate!

Argh! My name is il Soo Hyun! Dang it! How did he even come up with that 'pushover' pun nickname?!

But here I am, completely annoyed by this non-human body mechanism. Every time I look at the mirror I see these blue jewel eyes, it seemed too unbelievable to be true but I had no other choice in the first place if I'm going to live as Jennette from now on.

Based one Ijikiel's reaction from yesterday, He was surprised to see his so-called sister had changed this much. He just arrived from school overseas, and for him, we haven't seen each other for almost 6 years. He must be wondering how I grew up.

Well, Jennette grew up well, I suppose.

I have talked to Ijikiel yesterday morning an hour after the punching incident. He assumed I had lost my memory, or not.

Again, I'll repeat, for him, we haven't seen each other for half a decade. So maybe it's pretty normal for younger siblings to tend to forget the faces of their older siblings while they were away from home for years. That must be the case he was thinking about if I were to guess.

The Duke had planned to introduce me as the second princess of the Obelia Empire in the banquet this coming night.

Hearing the rumors circulating around the manor. I was indeed the Jenette in the 'Who made me princess' instead of the 'lovely princess' Princess Athanasia had read before reincarnating.

How the Emperor favors her and had seen her as his daughter, I think.

The worst-case scenario hasn't happened yet but it is meant likely that I had to appear to the debutante. I actually have billions of excuses in mind to not attend the banquet. But Athanasia might get suspicious of me if I won't go.

-Jennette is supposed to be here, why isn't she here?

Since it will completely alter the original plot she had known. She already did though;-;