Chapter 11: Nephew

"Seconds!" a little girl on a commoner's clothes with straight bangs and short brunette hair spoke up, requesting for a refill for her empty beer bottle on hand. She's quite drunk already but she's still on control on her own mind. This little miss was a regular in this pub for almost 5 years already and has been watching this pub upgrade over the years.

"What is she?"

"I can't believe it"

"She finished two barrels of beer already"

Whispers filled the pub with all eyes on the little girl. She has an Identification card that she wasn't underage so the owner didn't mind her drinking, though her appearance was that of a little girl. Smile formed on her lips as a young man waiter approached him out of concern, "Little Miss, you're quite drunk already..." She raised an eyebrow and started to burst into laughter, the young man was confused as to why was she laughing. "A-are you really alright?" the man asked looking at her eyes, which was an innocent round jade eyes. If you would kindly ignore her current state, she would be considered as an innocent lady.

The brunette grabbed his collar and whispered something into his ears with a parched voice, the young waiter was stunned by her words. Completely oblivious of her intentions. Is it because she was drunk that she whispered those threatening words? Intentional or perhaps a coincidence. He tried so hard to cover it up but it was useless in front of this young lady.

He said in a lower voice only the two of them can hear, "How did you know?" his brows frowned a little.

"You can't fool me, brat"

Jeanette's POV

I came to my favorite pub as usual. Drank some sweet beers on my favorite spot as usual, and chatting nonsense by myself or with others I knew as usual. Until, I sensed something I hasn't sensed in years.

A sense of familiarity, the story has ended with my disappearance already, and the reign of the new empress. Over the course of twenty years I ran away from the high society and hid from the characters of the story. I had a fairly quiet life since then, catching up with Lucy from time to time and did what I could with my young self.

But this feeling, the same feeling I had when I was in front of Athanasia. I don't know if it was because I was drunk or becoming crazy. This town that I lived in was far away from the royal capital, near the border.

But why is...

A waiter with a sense of familiarity came over towards me out of concern that I was drunk. Looks filled with worry just like how a proper employee is. Owner has good eye for people.

I grabbed his collars and whispered into his ears, "Prince?"

For a second his plain brown eyes glowed jewel blue. I was correct. This person is a royal. He was taken aback from what I said, probably wasn't expecting anyone to notice that a royal would be in the outskirts of the empire's territory.

"How did you know?" from his shaking tone and cold sweat, he must be quite young, completely ignorant how this world works. Also this guy is a fool! He asked back with a 'HoW diD yoU KnoW?".

I arrogantly replied and shook my head, "You can't fool me brat" as I let go of his collar. Calling him brat with an appearance of a 16 years old girl, he must take it as a joke.

I lowered my voice, "Athy must be quite worried about you as of now" He was even more shaken, wow this is fun. Athy was a nickname his father, Lucas calls his wife and his grandfather, Claude, If not for 'Her majesty' He must be wondering who I am and maybe his thoughts were all over the place.

I yelled at the good owner, "Pops! I'll take this brat back home, can I?" The owner who has a decent demeanor with his white hair and muscular build replied as he was wiping a glass, "Hoho, feel free" As expected of the owner, in contrast to my mental age which already exceeded 60 from inheriting Jennette's memories 10 years ago. To be exact I'm exactly 68 years old already.

I dragged this royal brat out from the pub, leaving the regular customers confused. As I was dragging him he kept pestering me by asking multiple questions, "Hey! Who are you?!" he exclaimed, unable to overpower my strong grip on his wrist.

"I'm your ticket way home" I replied with a smirk.

"Impossible, What can a little girl like you can do?" he questioned, disrespectfully. I said back, "I may not look like it but I'm way older than you, you highness. For now, let's switch up your clothes first." In a moment I flicked my finger, then a royal clothes exchanged his waiter clothes, as I turned his eyes back to its usual color and his messy dark brown hair into golden ones.

He was confused, now overly-suspicious of me. "J-just like father" he mumbled under his breathe. "Let's go to palace now!" I snickered under the spell, suddenly changing our location outside the palace grounds. The huge palace was right in front of us, not far from the gates filled with royal guards.

Looking at him, his eyes weren't filled with those enthusiastic feeling of wanting to go home, bet this brat doesn't seem like he wants to go home yet, considering that his life back in the border seems fine. I was just worried for Athanasia, knowing her son was missing and was enjoying his life in the corner of her empire. I asked him as he stood in awe, with complete disbelief, "Why don't you want to go home?" He flinched at my words. He look down with his eyes fixated on his boots, "It's just..." he paused, I raised my hands with a guilty smile on my face, "Okay! Okay! I won't pry into your business further"

He sighed and smiled, whispering under his breathe, "Thank you"

I'm wondering why he doesn't want to go home yet. Sure, palace is a great place to live in, there's food, soft bed, and the view there is beautiful wherever you go. I've always dreamt of living in a palace filled with dreams, but there's responsibilities there that you must do as a royal, that's why I ran away too – Fuck!

I just stuck my nose into other's business! just as I was twenty years ago, he ran away from responsibilities or maybe other things he doesn't want to say. But I persistently dragged him away from his happy life in the border, why did I do this? is it because I'm drunk?

Still he is my nephew, a thing that I can do is to take care of him. He and Obelia royal family has a history that I don't know, but let's set aside that shit stuff for now...

Okay, let's twist the plot here, I'm just making myself the bad guy here if I bring him back inside.

I patted his back with a laughter,

"W-what?"

"How old are you, Khalid?" I dropped the honorifics since he doesn't seem like a type of a person that needs to be addressed formally. I like this guy!

"I'm fifteen"

Oh this little boi!

A child born from the main characters, aww. I exclaimed with excitement, "I'll take care of you!" then flicking my fingers once again.

We arrived at my humble home.

---

Hello hoomans! This pig is back! Hope you enjoyed this piggy's story. I'm a shy pig so I don't really express myself so much in A/N's but I'll try my best in the future updates.

Thank you again for the 1k+ reads!  your lovely supports and motivating comments!