out of the blue

A week passed since Shinichi ignoring Shiho. He keeps working day and night and he seems pretty busy which is good to somehow forget his pain of losing his loved one. Shiho is staying in her room most of the time but Heiji is telling her to spend her day with Him. They got closer and closer since Shinichi is ignoring her.

"I didn't know why he's so cold..." Shiho said.

"He's fine. Maybe he just wants space." Heiji said.

"Well tomorrow will be Hakuba's party I don't know if we're both going together or not." She said.

"Just text me or call me when he leaves you, I'm always here to pick you up." Heiji smiled.

Heiji looks at her.

"Oh I'm going to tell you something tomorrow." Heiji said.

She looks at him.

"Why not tell me now?" She asked.

"Coz we're gonna meet tomorrow night at the party?" Heiji smiled widely.

"Ok." Shiho said.

They are currently In a coffee shop killing time. Shiho got bored and said goodbye to Heiji. Heiji watched her vanished from his view.

'I hope I have a chance...' his thought.

He gets the necklace in his pocket.

'I hope she accepts me...' he smiled.

Meanwhile...

Shinichi is in the cemetery visiting his late wife, he put the flowers on her grave then he is sitting in front of Ran's grave. It's a cold afternoon but he didn't mind the cold.

"I don't know what I'm feeling. I shouldn't be mad or upset seeing Heiji and Shiho being so close to each other but I can't stop myself... I hate seeing them together I'm not jealous but I want to protect her because she's my partner and she's... important to me." He confessed.

"I know Heiji is a good guy but I don't want Shiho to get hurt. I don't want to see her crying. If they started to date she will leave my mansion and I will be alone again..." he sadly said.

"Ran I know I promise that I will love you forever... but..." he stopped.

He closes his eyes and sighed. He opens his eyes again and continues.

"I'm sorry Ran... I shouldn't feel something for her. I thought ignoring her for a week would solve my problem. I just thought I want to give her space so she can be with Heiji and I should let her be happy... but I'm unhappy, we're living on the same roof but I missed her voice, I missed having a conversation with her. I don't know why I'm feeling this way, I know it's wrong but what can I do? She's always pop up in my mind. She's the only woman who never gives up on me when I'm hopeless and wasted and nobody was there to help me." He said.