Chapter 8

(Amelia's Point of View)

I open my eyes and take in my surroundings. I am still in the living room. I guess I fell asleep here. I feel something below me and position my head to look at it. Oh my god, Ethan is fast asleep below me. How the hell did we get into this position?! I try to move but I feel a weight on my waist. I look towards it and I find both of Ethan's hands wrapped around my waist. God, I really would like to know how we got in such a position. The last thing I remember is falling asleep while sitting next to Ethan, not lying on top of Ethan.

I try to come out of his hold, but he is holding on too tight. "Ethan!" I whisper-yell. "Shut up." He grumbles. "Ethan let go of me!" I hiss. "What are you talking about?" He mumbles, his eyes still closed. "Open your eyes, you freaking idiot!" I say hitting him on the shoulder. He opens his eyes and when he sees me, his eyes widen. "What are you doing on top of me?" He asks. "I don't know. Maybe if you let go of me I can think about it!" I say. "Shit, sorry." He says before letting go of my waist. I finally get off of Ethan and stretch my back. "You aren't really that good of a bed." I mumble. "Well who the hell told you to sleep on top of me?" He says as he sits up. "I don't even know how we got into such a position. The last thing I remember was falling asleep next to you, not on top of you!" I say. He just shrugs and stands up.

I make my way towards my bathroom and brush my teeth. When I am done I go back downstairs for breakfast. No one is downstairs except for Ethan which is weird. Where is Mary or grandma? I make my way to the cereal shelf and open it. I take my Frostie Flakes and put them in a bowl and take milk out of the fridge. Just as I am about to pour it in I hear grandma say "Oh look you two are finally up!". "Yeah." I say. "Did you get some good sleep Amelia?" She questions me. I give her a weird look, what does she mean by a good sleep? "Oh you know cause you slept on top of Ethan." She says. I hear Ethan laugh, but he covers it up with a cough. "Grandma! Gosh. No. He is not a very good bed. Plus I never slept on top of him, we just somehow ended up in that position." I say. "Mhm. Sure." She says, sarcasm dripping out every word she says. "Wait, did you put us in that position?" I ask. "What! No. How can you blame me for that? How could I ever lift you up and place you like that?" She says. But I know she is lying, so I narrow my eyes at her. "Fine. I took help from Jullie!" She said. "Grandma! Why would you do that?" I yell. "What? You kids looked so cute. Plus Ethan sleeping with his legs on your lap and you were fast asleep in a very uncomfy position. I thought it looked cute. Plus Ethan didn't mind. When I put you on top of him, he wrapped his arms around you!" She says with a mischief look in her eyes. "What?!" Both me and Ethan yell at the same time. "Who the hell told you that you can use me as a footrest?" I say. "What you were sleeping! You didn't even realise! Plus my legs were hurting!" He exclaimed. "Ok then what's your excuse for wrapping your arms around me?" I ask. "It was just an instinct! Plus I don't remember doing it." He said, putting his hands up in defense. We start arguing until grandma screams, "Stop acting like an old married couple." Both of us look at her and blush bright red. "Both of you are arguing about sleeping in each other's arms. It was none of your fault so shut up and eat breakfast in peace!" She yells before walking out of the kitchen.

I hear Ethan clear his throat awkwardly. "I swear to God Ethan, if you touch me once more you're as good as dead!" I say, pointing my finger at him. "Yeah, sure we will see about that." He smirks. Great he is back to his usual cocky self. "Yeah right." I mumble. I pour in my milk and start eating breakfast. "You know what? Let's play a game." Ethan says. "Sure which one?" I ask. "Well we both say pick up lines and the first one to laugh loses." He says. "Gosh are you kidding me? Can we play something that doesn't include flirting? I thought we had been through the whole deal about no flirting!" I said. "What? You can't expect me to not flirt! Anyways you start." He said with a mischief glint in his eyes. "Is your name Google? 'Cause you have everything I am looking for." I say one of the cheesiest pick up lines I have heard. Ethan smirks and says "I am no photographer, but I can picture you and me together." I internally puke at that line. "It's a good thing I have my library card, because I am totally checking you out." I say with a smirk on my face. "Are you a magician? Because wherever I look at you everyone else disappears." He says, and I was about to crack up but I kept myself contained. "I seem to have lost my phone number. Can I have yours?" I ask, titling my head to add effect. I see Ethan biting on his lip to control laughter. Gosh I am so close. "I'm no mathematician, but I'm pretty good with numbers. Tell you what, give me yours and watch what I can do with it." And that's when I crack up. That is one of the worst pick up lines I have ever heard.