Awaiting My Imminent Death

"Motherfucker," Five breathed.

I flung the arm not holding onto Five's shoulder straight above my head, "What the fuck is that?!"

"That's not normal," Diego glanced at Alison, Luther, and Klaus, "That's not normal, right?"

"That's definitely not normal," Alison's voice was barely audible.

All of us watched in total shock as Lila hovered several feet in the air. She matched Vanya's power and height, both of them hovering far out of arm's reach.

None of us knew what to do. Prior to that moment, we all thought Lila was completely normal. Even if she was the Handler's unholy offspring, she was still normal. Watching her chest begin to glow white with power, it was painfully obvious she was the furthest thing from normal. None of us quite knew how to react as she flung Vanya's energy right back at us.

The very same wave of energy Vanya sent soaring across the field came whipping right back at us. Starting at Lila's chest, it soared out so quickly we didn't have anytime to react. Not that we could, all of us were too deep in shock to fully register what was happening.

Through my shock, I registered that the wave of energy was coming straight towards us. Klaus, Luther, Diego, and Alison were several feet away from us. The only one within arm's reach was Five, who was holding a tight grip on my shoulders. My reflexes kicked in and I used my freehand to create a shield around us.

My shield was made much too quickly to survive the blast just like the last. It shattered on impact, sending both Five and I flying straight backwards. I barely registered that the ground vanished from below my feet before I was crashing through a wall. Somehow, in all the commotion, Five and I lost a grip on each other.

I crashed straight through the kitchen window, tumbling over the counter and hitting my head on the sink in the process. The pain flaring from the back of my skull was almost dull in comparison to the utter shock I felt at the events unfolding before me. All I could think was how I had to get up and go before we were all done for.

"Five?" I shouted as I scrambled to my feet, "Five!"

"Clove!"

His voice came from the living room. I nearly tripped on broken glass as I hurried around the corner. Five was pushing himself up from a pile of debris. He looked just as broken as I felt, with cuts all over him and at least one bone fractured.

"Clove, you alright?" Five dusted off the sleeves of his jacket.

I straightened my hat on my head, "Have to be, we don't really have time to be wounded."

"Shit."

Both of our attention was diverted to another pile of debris at the base of the fireplace. Luther laid on top of sheetrock, dust, and wooden beams. He was groaning and sputtering as if he had just choked on his own will to live. Gripping onto each other's arms, we hobbled over to him.

"Luther, you alright?" Five stared at his brother.

Luther's voice was strained, "I think I swallowed my tongue."

"Luther, if you swallowed your tongue, you wouldn't be talking, you big moron," Five rolled his eyes, "Get up, we don't have time to be wounded."

I leaned on Five's shoulder, "What the hell just happened?"

"I'm not sure," Five ran a hand down his face, "Lila just redirected Vanya's powers."

"Yeah, no shit, but how in the hell did she do that?" Luther stood and brushed himself off.