CHAPTER XIII///SUPRISE

Vinnie's POV///

Everything was finally ready. My plan was going well so far. All I had to do was get some flowers and get ready to go to Athena's place.

Athena's POV///

I was currently at target buying some decorations for my house because of Christmas. I grabbed fairy lights, a Christmas tree, and ornaments to put on the Christmas tree. I got extra decors and some everyday essentials but that was it. I went to go checkout and drive home.

~ at home ~

I was at my house and I was in my room on my phone laying down not really focusing on what I was watching. I was just scrolling through tiktok not really caring what the videos on my fyp were I was just zoning out. I've been doing it alot lately ever since vinnie and I got into that argument. He's mostly the only thing that's on my mind. I feel so guilty because of how I yelled at him we weren't even together. I feel like I overreacted. At the same time I feel like he deserved it. Feelings are so weird. One moment you like them the other moment your mad at them.

I was zoned out deep in my thoughts. Nothing but vinnie was in my head. I was snapped back into reality when I heard the doorbell ring. No one told me they were gonna visit thats weird. I just ignored my thoughts and got up to open the door.

My eyes widened at the face on the other side of the door.

"Vinnie...what are you doing here?"

"First of all I came here to apologize and I wanted to do something special so I'm gonna take you somewhere so get ready I'll wait in the car." "I don't really think I have a choice but ill get ready it might take an hour though can you atleast tell me how to dress." I answered.
"Dress casual but not too casual." I nodded at him getting back in the house shutting the door running my room.

I quickly jogged to my walk in closet. I picked out an outfit and did my hair and a little makeup so I don't look to much like a mess.

outfit:

makeup:

makeup:

hair:

I finished getting ready and I checked the time

"1 hour shit!" I whispered yelled to myself realizing I took a long time getting ready.

I grabbed my house keys locked the door and ran to vinnies car.

"Sorry I took to long trying to get ready..." I frantically babbled to him. Going on and on of how sorry I am and how long I took.

He cut off my rambling and said "Its ok and your cute when you babble." I just blushed and got in the car. We made some small talk here and there. But otherwise it was silent with low backround music. It wasn't awkward the silence was really comforting.

~ suprise location ~

We arrived at this empty hill with the brightest grass. No one was here and it had the perfect view for a sunset. I saw a little hut from afar. It was like a small tent with blankets.
"Suprise I know you've always wanted to watch the sunset and stargaze so I set something up for us" vinnie said smiling widely at me. "Thank you so much vinnie I can't believe you remembered that" I said hugging him. We walked to the small tent. I looked inside and there were tons of blankets and some fairy light on the edge of the bottom of the tent and a few fuzzy pillows. I saw some snacks and food.

It was about 5pm and the sun was still out. Me and Vinnie ate some of the food he got which was in and out. We were eating and we talked about life and random stuff once we finished eating the sun was finally starting to set and the sky was turning to yellow. We grabbed the blankets and threw them over our bodies while we sat leaning back on the tent. While I watched the sunset I put my head on his shoulder. He put his head on top of mine. They fit perfectly together just like a puzzle. Me and Vinnie sat their in silence while we watched the sunset saying how beautiful the sky was once in a while. The sky was now a very bright orange and the sun was half way down. You could see a little bit of purple and dark blue starting to rise.

"Thank you alot for this vinnie this is really beautiful." I softly whispered to him not looking up at him. "Your even more beautiful." He spoke. I wanted to tease him and say how cheesy it was but it looked like he really meant it. A pink tint started to form on my cheek as vinnie and I suddenly made eye contact. We stared at eachother for what seemed like a few minutes but in reality it was just 10 seconds. It felt like my whole world stopped and went into slow motion as he leaned in to connect our lips. Our eyes closed as our lips made contact.
My heart was beating loud and fast. My mind was running around all over the place as our lips moved in sync and our tounges danced. I felt like hundreds of butterflies erupted in my stomach making me feel weak in my knees. I felt like the fire works were setting of in my mind. All of these emotions exploding inside of me as we  kissed. It was so passionate and gentle. It wasn't rough like the last time we kissed. He kissed me so gentle but so lovingly like he didn't wanna break me like I was really fragile. It melted my heart seeing how caring and loving he was with the kiss.

We pulled away breathless. He came and leaned back in giving me a small gentle peck on the lips.

Author's note///

Cliff hanger. Anyways hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Sorry for not updating in a while again. I have 3 projects do this week so I'm kinda busy. xoxo🦋