Love Even In Darkness

Start from the beginning

"I don't have a bloody clue what that sods here for but he's sure as hell not getting anywhere near you" I told her, resting my forehead against hers.

"Freddie?" Nezz murmured.

"Yes, love?"

"Is life always going to be like this?" She sniffed, "us running? Will I ever be accepted as a Kenesis Witch?" Her hopeless tone of voice made my heart ache and I closed my eyes regretfully.

"I wish I could stand here and tell you that one day you'll be accepted but I can't. But even if that never happens, I don't care! I'll run with you till we reach the end of the world because I love you. I'm always going to love you, no matter how far we have to run" I promised, peppering her face with kisses.

"Oh Freddie I love you so much, I don't know what I'd do without you" she breathed a shaky laugh.

"Probably miss me" I smirked.

"Of course" she replied sarcastically, "well what would you do without me?" She giggled.

"I'd find you and ask you to be my girlfriend" I laughed.

She laughed along with me, her lips pressed into a wide smile as we spoke in hushed voices.

I studied her features and memorised them-all the small little details to her face. Like the few freckles she had just on the bridge of her nose that only appeared in the summer, or the speckles of yellow she had in her green eyes.

As we stood, moulded together in the darkness, I thought of how much I truly did love her. I was never going to love anyone else again, never. She was my ending-my future.

"Nezz" I whispered.

She gave a cute little hum as a response.

"Marry me" I asked her.

Her eyes fluttered open, trailing over my face as if gaging whether I was serious or not.

"W...what did you say?" She said looking completely baffled.

"Come on you've still got both your ears" I joked, referring to my poor brothers injury, "I asked you to marry me, Nerezza Lupin-Black. I want you to marry me" I said again, feeling my heart jumping out of my chest in nervousness.

Oh god had I scared her away? We were both 18 (Nerezza was in a few days anyway) and young, the war was approaching and people were dying. Why must I be so incredibly stupid? Of course she wouldn't want to marry me at 18 in the midst of a war.

"Yes."

I paused my defeated thoughts and pulled back from her ever so slightly. Did she just say yes?

"Did-did you just say yes?" I chuckled in amazement.

"Yes Freddie! I'll marry you" she grinned euphorically.

The widest, toothiest smile spread out on my face and I immediately crashed my lips onto hers.

She kissed me back, pulling me closer and deeper into the kiss by palming the nape of my neck. I skimmed my tongue along the bottom of her soft lips, asking permission. She opened her mouth and my tongue slipped in. She moaned breathily against my lips and we broke apart gasping for air.