The Darkness Was Never In Me

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓Fred Weasley┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛"Can you hear the silence?Can you see the dark?Can you fix the broken?Can you feel my heart?"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Fred Weasley
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
"Can you hear the silence?
Can you see the dark?
Can you fix the broken?
Can you feel my heart?"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Harry sprinted from Hagrid's arms.

Moving backwards as Voldemort looked at him with pure, unbridled hatred. Harry aimed his wand down beside Voldemort where Nagini lay in a tense coil, ready to spring.

The slits on Voldemort's face flared, his arms were paused midair-expressing his shock.

"Yes!" George laughed happily, punching his fist in the air.

I shoved Neville backwards, running back to the steps where everyone was stood. Gasps and happy cheers could be heard from the crowd, Hermione gripped onto my arm with a smile as Harry bolted-very much alive. Ginny let out a relieved cry when she saw the messy haired boy scrambling off the gravel covered floor.

"Confringo!" Harry cast, the spell narrowly missed the snake and it hissed violently as a retort.

"Nerezza" Voldemort said grimly, raising his hand in the air as if to beckon her, "attack" he ordered her through pursed, blue lips.

A strange inkling of hope welled up in me. If Harry hadn't really died...could Nezz still be in there? Was she faking it too?

Nezz's expression grew colder, she advanced forward in Harry's direction and gathered a ball of red energy in her hands. Her back straightened and she stopped, kicking up some dust as she did so.

Maybe she hadn't been as lucky as Harry had.

Nezz stayed there momentarily-her shoulders rising up and down with her deep breaths. They were ragged, uncontrolled. This was something I'd never seen in Nezz before; her eyes were glowing red, her lips contorted in a smirk of rage, her hands shaking as she held her magic in her palms.

Slowly, she turned to face Voldemort on her heel, she looked him right in the eyes. Her expression remained stoney and unwavering-so fierce that even Voldemort's beading eyes shrunk in what smelled like fear. Nezz may have been my sun, but she burned just like it too.

"You" she muttered.

With one hand she launched a ball of energy at Voldemort. He staggered backwards, barely deflecting the strong ball of energy; Nezz didn't give him chance to recover either.

"Will never" she continued with a rumbling growl.

She strung out her arms and danced her fingers in the air. Scarlet red energy began pouring from the rubble of the school, rocks and dust shifting and trembling under her force. She puffed out her chest-seemingly allowing the energy to fill her up. The red mist seemed to emanate from everywhere; it rained from the sky and bled from the ground.