Love Even In Darkness

Start from the beginning

"I won't even use that hand!" She argued back petulantly, "why am I even asking?" She scoffed, moving past me and George to get closer to the Gazebo.

Nezz lifted her uninjured arm, twisting her fingers as the red magic danced in between them. The red mist floated to the edges of the gazebo and it began levitating; Nezz pulled her hand backwards and slowly pushed it up. Her face was concentrated and a cute little crease formed on her forehead.

The gazebo was up finally and she grinned happily.

"Could you just once listen to what I tell you?" Remus exhaled as he made his way round to her, checking over her bandages to see if she'd strained herself.

"Dad! I'm literally fine" she swatted his hand away with a playful smile and he rolled his eyes.

A smile broke out onto his face before he ventured inside the gazebo with Dad.

I shook my head at my girlfriends antics, pulling her in for a kiss. It was soft at first, fleeting until Nezz pushed harder against my lips; I growled lowly and cupped her cheek trying to pull her even closer.

"You're looking simply divine, love" I whispered.

"Mmm, well thank you Freddie. You're not looking so bad yourself" she winked back at me, rubbing her nose against mine.

A crack of thunder in the sky alerted everyone to a new arrival.

Dad and Remus emerged from the gazebo, walking over to the path in the long grass to see who it was; Remus saw the new arrival and briskly walked over to Nezz and I.

"You have to hide" he urged her.

"What?" Nezz frowned worriedly, "hide? Why?" She questioned.

"Remus, who's here?" I gripped his shoulder, trying to calm him down enough so he'd tell us who was here and why it meant Nezz had to hide.

"It's the Minister of Magic" Remus breathed, his eyes wide and fearful.

Nezz jerked her head to look at me with fear.

The Ministry had attacked her once already and we all were well aware of their search for her. I grabbed her hand and we both sprinted into the house, the girls in the kitchen heard our frantic breaths as we burst through the front door and all turned to see what was wrong.

"Fred? Nerezza? What's going on?" Hermione asked with a firm frown.

"The Minister of Magic is here, we have to hide Nezz. Do not let him come upstairs!" I ordered my family.

"The Minister of Magic?" Ginny yelled after me in surprise.

Mum clapped her hands over her mouth in surprise and worry.

I pushed Nezz up the stairs in front of me and she ran as fast as she could, coddling her shoulder with a wince. We went straight into George and I's room, I opened the wardrobe and guided her inside before shutting myself inside with her. It was dark inside, our bodies pressed up against one another-which truthfully I didn't mind.

"Do you really think he's after me?" Nezz said in a small, vulnerable voice.

I glanced down at her and muttered the lumos spell so I could see her face. Her eyes were shimmering with emotion as her green orbes stared up at me with so many questions, her brows were pulled together in a concerned frown and the scar on her face gleamed white in the light.