ONE: Bittersweet Reunion

"Shouta~"

"What?" He mumbled, his mouth hidden in his grey scarf wrapped around his neck.

I pulled out a gift, holding it out to him in my right hand, keeping my left behind my back. "Happy Birthday!"

He glanced at the gift, slowly taking it from my hand as he inspected the wrapping. "What is it?"

"Huh? You're-you're supposed to open it and find out. Do you not know how this works?"

He mumbled something incomprehensible but unwrapped it. When he opened the box he pulled out the silver goggles, holding them up to look at them.

"Goggles?" He asks.

"You were mentioning how it would be easier to fight big groups if they couldn't see who you were looking at. So, I stopped by the support class, and they made these. They'll let you use your quirk while also keeping the enemy from knowing where you're looking. They're not perfect, and I'm sure you'll get them upgraded soon, but... I wanted to give them to you anyway"

A small but sincere smile made its way to his face. He looked from the goggles to me, pulling them over his head and letting them hang around his neck.

"Thank you"

"You're welcome," I responded.

I hid a smile behind my hand at the memory while I waited. Kurogiri created a portal in front of us and we stepped through with all the other villains Shigaraki had invited to kill All Might.

All Might was the number one hero in a world where mostly everyone had some sort of superpower, otherwise known as quirks. Kurogiri and Shigaraki were both a part of the League of Villains, a new evil deciding to step out of the shadows. And I was their new member.

We stepped out into the Unforeseen Simulation Joint, or the USJ, that led down towards all the different domes. In each of the domes there were different disasters, for example a flood and a fire.

Supposedly class 1-A from U.A. was coming today to work on rescue. U.A. High School is an academy that trains young students how to be heroes. And one of the teachers arriving with the group was All Might, the target.

I watched as a figure dressed in black, a grey scarf flying around their neck, familiar looking gold goggles covering their eyes, jump down the stairs and attack the closest villains to himself.

The familiar man started making his way towards us, easily fighting off the weaker villains ahead of us. As he got closer I noticed something about the goggles, they were different from the ones I had given him, but similar in style. Gold instead of silver.

I wondered what he had done to the ones I gave him years ago, but they had probably just gotten worn out, possibly broken in battle. Of course he'd have them replaced.

"Go, Hasaku," Shigaraki ordered.

I nodded and ran forward, going through the villains towards the students. I would trap them from the front while Kurogiri would block the entrance, but I was cut off. The figure from before landed in front of me, making me slide to a stop.

Our eyes met and we both stared at each other in shock, eyes widened. At least, I imagined his eyes were wide since he was wearing goggles to cover his eyes. I was fully expecting to run into All Might, but I was hoping I wouldn't see him. Shouta Aizawa.

"Shouta, you're still teaching?" I ask, trying to act like I wasn't surprised to see him.

He didn't respond, he just stared at me with his mouth held firmly shut, lowering his goggles so I could see his eyes, so he could see me clearly. His eyes looked tired, then again, he always seemed tired, even when we were younger.