Chapter 19: Battle Rounds

~Alexa~

"Alexa! Natsumi! Grazz!" The camera man called for us.

Oh no, no no no no no. I am so nervous and Karlos and Darren and a few others had to calm me down. I am literally shaking.

"Like, diba nga naka-perform ka dati sa blinds? It won't be any different." Karlos said.

"Nooo! But this time the judges are facing me. I mean, it's fine if I lose but I just really don't want to embarass myse-"

"Alexa!" Darren chuckled. "You're gonna do fine." He said and whispered an "I think" so I slapped his arm.

"Yes, i'm not gonna do okay." Like what made me think that I can do this? Why did I join this competition ugh!

"You can do this." Karlos said as he tried to braid my hair. Trust me, he's doing it all wrong and it's not calming me down.

I slapped his hand away from ny hair. "Karlos, you need three strands, not two." I said.

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Alexa! Natsumi! Grazz!" The camera man called for the second time. Well, looks like I have to go now.

I breathes heavily and Karlos patted my back hard then ai stood up.

"Good luck!"

"Go guys!" Thet cheered and that made me more nervous.

The camera told us to wait for our cue's before we go out. Thank God I am the last.

I wished both Grazz and Natsumi goodluck and they did the same to me.

When Kuya Luis said some funny things then my name, I plastered a smile on my face, then went out.

When I smiled and waved at the people there were so many screaming and cheering. Woah. This is more scarier than the battles since this time, the coaches are facing all of us completely.

Natsumi started the song, then Grazz, then me.

I was nervous at first, but I didn't get to nervous in the middle of the song.

"Coach Lea, would you like to say something?" Kuya Luis asked.

"Ah yeah. Okay, so Natsumi, very powerful ang iyong boses. Grazz, it was good and all but I didn't really feel you breakaway, you know?" She said doing hand gestures and Grazz smiled nervously.

"Alexa, you did great. Although at first I could feel your nervousness pero nakabawi ka rin. And tamang tama lang yung pagbirit mo." She said and I smiled nervously.

After the coaches gave all their comments, it's time for coach Bamboo to pick who'll get in.

"I have to go with..." He stopped first.

I was too nervous to even move Grazz held mine and Natsumi's hand. I squeezed her hand waiting for coach Bamboo's ans-

"Alexa." He said while pointing a finger at me and my mouth was opening and closing like a fish.

"Close your mouth girl. Coach picked you." Grazz whispered and I said thank you to coach. I couldn't even cry anymore, i'm still damn nervous.

I went up to coach B and shook his hand, then we all went back.

"Congrats Alexa!" Natsumi said and she hugged me.

"Thank you!" I said.

When I saw my parents, I went up to them and hugged them. "Thank you for letting me audition here."