Chapter 3: Genius?

Start from the beginning

"See these contracts?" Taylor says pointing at the folder. Sophia leans forward before nodding in conversation. "Mr. Sandford is considering them for partnerships. Sift through them to see what you think."

"Why on earth does finance department have the rights to see this?!" Sophia asked confused. That is not something her sister would normally deal with. 

"Finance wouldn't but legal department would which is where..." Taylor circled her hand in a motion waiting for Sophia to fill in the blank. She turns in the chair to find Sophia searching her brain before her eyes widen just slightly. 

"Brad!"

Taylor smirks turning back to the computer. "Brad is part of the legal team, he helps look the contracts for any discrepancies or voids in the contracts. He sometimes sends them to Jess or me to help check."

Taylor gets up from the chair and gestures for Sophia to sit back down. She sits back down and Taylor gently pushes her to the desk. The girls green eyes locked on the screen as she began to scroll through no longer aware that Taylor is still standing there. She pulls out a yellow legal pad and begins jotting down some things while the brunette just shakes her head leaving the office silently with a final glance back at the rare gem sitting at the desk. She makes it back to her desk making sure the door is closed before pulling out her cellphone quickly dialing her superior's number. 

"What did she do?"

Taylor glances through the glass wall before turning back propping the phone between her shoulder and ear as she begins typing. 

"You could have warned me that she was a fucking genius" A very loud snort comes from the other end. 

"Where's the fun in that?"

"Jess I'm not kidding, she has finished your morning work and we only have been here..." She glances down at her clock on her wristwatch. "Less than an hour."

A loud laugh is heard on the other end then a wince. "Jesus this baby can kick."

"Jessica focus!" She glances back again but the red hair is still swaying away as she continues notating and reading. "I don't even know what to give her for the rest of the day."

"What about the contracts from Brad?"

"I just gave it to her but if she does anything like the fancy-dancy shit she did with paystubs then she'll be done before lunch."

"What did she do with paystubs?" Jessica's voice holding interest now. 

"She wrote an algorithm that makes them run without her having to write each one."

"Damn..." Jess says lowly but still enough for Taylor to hear and nod in silent agreement. "Make sure she saves it."

"Jessica" Taylor whined earning a chuckle from the other end. 

"Trust me, that is the reason my sister can never settle down for too long. She learns everything at a rapid rate and then gets bored."

"You never did tell me her story?" Taylor says it more like a question. Jess remains silent for a moment before sighing. 

"It's not my story to tell. Just give her time Tay."

Taylor glances back to find Sophia gathering the notepad and walking towards her. She quickly ends the call from Jess promising to keep her up to date. Taylor sits down her phone just as the door opens to her office. The auburn hair getting brushed back as she sits down in the chair in front of Taylor. Taylor turns giving her all her attention. 

"What did you find?"

"A loophole within the first contract with Stonewall Inc." She hands over a page she printed where she circled a section that Taylor began to read. "It lameness terms, it is stating that if Stonewall Inc. does not successfully develop within a 10% margin within the first year of the partnership then Sanford Drake would have to pay them a fine."

"How?" Taylor whispers lowly to herself before reaching for her office phone dialing Brad. He picks up quickly and she tells him to get down here. They sit as Sophia begins flipping through her legal pad while Taylor can already tell she is going to have everything done for the agency within a weeks time. What the hell is she going to do with her?!?

Knock Knock

Taylor gets up rounding her desk to open the door where Brad strolls in with a raised brow. He glances at Sophia whose nose is still deep within her notes. He turns back to Taylor how points at the chair next to the auburn beauty. He sits down in confusion before clearing his throat gaining Sophia's attention. 

"What's going on ladies?" He says glancing at each of the ladies while Taylor goes back around to her seat. She gestures towards Sophia who hands him the page Taylor previously read. Brad takes it looking at the red circle around a particular section. His eyes widening before snapping to Taylor who shakes her head negatively before pointing to Sophia. Her eyes already looking down at her notes again. "Seriously?!?"

Sophia looks up with furrowed brows at him. "Is that not what I was supposed to find?"

Brad felt like his eyes could fall out of his head with how much the were bugging out of her head. He looks to Taylor who is wearing an amused smile on her face before turning back to a confused beauty. 

"I have read that contract twice already including my supervisor. How did you find this?"

Sophia takes the paper pointing to the indentation. "Most significant clauses that companies want to sneak in will be hidden under the bigger underlining clauses. This company was a risk taker placing it where they did."

Sophia didn't understand what the big deal was. This is what Taylor asked her to find, right? Glancing at Taylor, she is just sporting a wide grin while shaking her head slowly. The man, Brad, still looks to her like she was creature from a different planet. Feeling awkward she clears her throat before flipping through the legal pad again working on some numbers to prove her point on this company. Her mind solving the long problem on the paper as she looses herself to the math. After a few minutes she smiles down proving her point. Looking back up she was not expecting for both of them to be staring at her intently. 

"Who are you?!" Brad asks like he doesn't already know. His voice holding adoration for her. 

"Sophia?" She says more like a question as she drags her name out slightly. She hands over the legal pad sitting it in his lap. "See this-"

"Nope!" Brad says standing up taking the pad and paper before grabbing her hand. Sophia looks wide eyed in shock before he tugs her to stand. His attention then turning to Taylor. "I'm borrowing her."

"By all means, she's already finished her work for most of the day." Taylor gestures with her hand to the door. 

Before Sophia can protest she is being dragged a fast walking Brad. His hand holding her firmly in his own she can not tug it back. Her head remains down not wanting to look already feeling eyes on her. They make it to the elevator where Brad quickly gets them on before pressing the number to his floor. The sound of the dinging making Brad stand straight as he strolls out of the metal box hand in hand with the red hair beauty. Most of the men and woman on the floor looking onto the scene with raised brows in question. He takes her directly to a large wooden door before knocking. 

"Come in"