Workaholic Pt. 2

"Guest authorized. Welcome, Quickshadow." A nonchalant voice echoed through the entrance of the building. The hologram of Griffin Rock's first female scientist hovered before the silvery-white femme.

Quickshadow gave the hologram a small nod, signaling to it that its assistance was no longer needed.

Without another word, Elma faded away and left Quickshadow to turn off the swirling ground bridge behind her.

Her vision blurred slightly as her digits fumbled with the ground bridge's controls, her processor drifting into a semi-numb state.

Soon the swirling green vortex was gone.

She came to her senses a few seconds later, jolting her helm up when the ground bridge locked into place as it powered off.

Suppressing a yawn, she shook her helm and made her way down the long hallway before her.

She spaced out and began to wander the training center's halls aimlessly.

To say she was tired was an understatement.

Quickshadow was utterly exhausted. But her exhaustion had little to do with the 13-hour time difference between China and Griffin Rock.

She was very capable of running on a couple of hours of recharge. The problem lay in how much she exceeded those limits.

Quickshadow was trained to function in harsh environments- this included working with little recharge, so naturally, she was rather good at maintaining focus on a task even though exhaustion seeped into her processor.

But even so, she still had limits, even if they weren't normal or healthy. She had her reasons as to why she was in this state.

As much as she denied it to herself and the two other mechs she was assigned to work with, Quickshadow had been overworking herself..again.

She hadn't had a full recharge in well over a month.

There was no one to blame for her lack of rest- not necessarily. She had always been both a 'night owl' and an 'early bird'. Everyone on the team knew that.

There were some nights when she couldn't fall asleep. No matter how much she wanted or how hard she tried- her mind nagged her about any and every unfinished assignment or task she had.

She struggled with a mild case of insomnia to top it all off.

When she did have restless nights, she would volunteer to run night patrols despite already having done day patrols.

Blades and Hightide didn't question her. Quickshadow seemed to enjoy the task, and besides- who could turn on the chance to get some extra sleep? Certainly not them.

Quickshadow now found herself in the training center's energon storage area, a cube of the glowing blueish substance in the servo.

Not bothering to wonder how she had gotten there in the first place- Quickshadow brought the cube to her intake and downed the substance in a matter of seconds.

Relief came almost immediately. Her processor left its numb state, making her feel more awake.

Setting the cube down, she went out the door and continued to stroll down the hallway.

This time she didn't space out, remembering why she was here in the first place.

She was here to see Heatwave.

All the paperwork he'd been working on was complete and neatly organized.

She had finished sometime between 2 and 3 in the morning, and because of the 13-hour time difference between China and the Mainland, it was around 3 p.m. where she was currently at.