Be Mine?

Heatwave sat at his desk, tapping his pen on his desk absentmindedly. He glared at the small list of ideas in front of him for a short while before crossing something off it. He blinked a few times; he was starting to see double due to the lack of recharge. He read through the paper once more before crumpling it and throwing it away altogether.

Frustrated, he groaned and buried his helm in his arms.

His processor recalled the brief conversation he and Kade had the night before.

"What are you and Quickshadow doing for Valentine's Day?" Kade had asked. The mech had never been one for romantics, so he was curious to know what his partner was planning for Quickshadow.

The mech's optic ridges furrowed for a second. "When is that again?"

"The fourteenth," Kade replied with a blank stare. "In three days."

Heatwave almost choked on his low-grade, optics wide with shock.

"Dude, you haven't planned anything?" Kade cocked a brow as Heatwave muttered a few curses in cybertronian after he stopped coughing.

"I...forgot." He tilted his helmet down in embarrassment. He'd been so caught up in his work lately he hadn't even seen Quickshadow since the New Year's Eve party.

Abandoning his dinner, He scrambled out the door and locked himself in his office. He stayed up all night, racing to plan something special for the upcoming holiday while reprimanding himself for being so unprepared.

He felt his mind ripple in and out of consciousness as recharge slowly engulfed him.

The office door flew open, and three mechs abruptly barged inside, barely fazing Heatwave, who was quite used to sudden visits thanks to Quickshadow.

However, his team's visit wasn't all that unexpected in this case. Heatwave had begrudgingly contacted them as a last resort.

Once inside his dimly-lit office, Chase, Boulder, and Blades found Heatwave slumped over his desk.

"Hey." The firebot groggily greeted, and he struggled to sit up properly. His exhaustion worried the others further.

"Are you okay?" Boulder asked, greatly concerned. Blades rushed over with his medkit and scanned Heatwave for any injuries.

"I'm fine." he pushed the medic away and sat up in his chair, trying hard to keep his optics online.

"I just...needed some suggestions...." He glanced away in embarrassment. "..for a date."

By the tone of their leader's voice over their comlinks, the three bots thought of the worst-case scenario and dropped everything to bridge to the Training Center. Never in a million years would they've thought Heatwave was calling because he was having girl issues.

Their concern instantly dissipated and was replaced with smug amusement.

"You need date ideas? From us?" Blades quipped.

Heatwave wryly nodded, already regretting asking for their help.

"I am assuming this is for Valentine's Day?" Chase cocked an optic ridge.

The firebot nodded again. "I didn't know it was in 3 days, and I don't know what to do."

"Aww." Boulder fawned. "We'd be happy to help!"

"Is there someplace that's special to the two of you?" Blades got out his clipboard from the medkit to take notes.

Not knowing how he could help, Chase sat down to observe how Blades and Boulder handled the situation.