Healing

A series of bright lights turned on the moment Heatwave stepped ped into the room the Ground Bridge was stationed in.

"Elma," he called out to nothing in particular. The figure of Griffin Rock's first female scientist manifested before him, awaiting orders.

"Set the ground bridge's coordinates for Griffin Rock."

The hologram gave a curt nod before disappearing into thin air. The ground bridge locked into place and a familiar green vortex appeared just as the sound of a door opening caught his attention. He turned his helm to see Blades holding a few papers.

"..You're going to the firehouse?" The rotary asked from the doorway. Heatwave only nodded and began to make his way towards the green portal.

"I was gonna go see Quickshadow, but since you're already going- could you tell her she can start doing lite workouts?" The firebot nodded again before he stepped through the portal. "Nothing that strains her shoulder or side though!" Blade's voice faintly called out as he walked through the other side of the bright green mass.

He looked around him, taking in his new surroundings. It had been quite a while since his last visit to the firehouse. A new coat of white paint covered the walls that surrounded the ground bridge, the tiles were polished. He stood in place for a few seconds, trying to remind himself why he was here.

It had been a few days since the 'Incident' and since he had woken up alone on Quickshadow's med-berth. Heatwave ran into Boulder, who told him Blades had sent Quickshadow to the firehouse for the next two weeks so she could fully recover.

He had wanted to visit her that afternoon, but something made him change his mind at the last second, and he turned around and walked back to his office.

The following day he found himself surrounded with a pile of unfinished assignments, all relating to the preparation of the academy. He spent the day tending to his tasks and was able to finish late that night. Seeing his schedule clear up on the third day, he felt the urge to check up on her.

The muffled voices coming from the bunker shook him out of his trance. Taking a deep breath, he walked out of the room in the direction of the muffled voices.

"Uh..that's way too much glue."

"..You're getting glitter everywhere!"

Cody and Frankie's voices immediately registered in the mech's processor.

"..Perhaps we should move onto the next activity." Heatwave flinched at Quickshadow's voice. Turning the corner, he found the femme sitting on the red couch with Cody and Frankie standing around a small table infront of her. The two teens were covered with the shiny substance humans called 'glitter'.

He froze in place and simply observed the three 'till a pair of sapphire optics looked up and met his gaze.

"Good afternoon, Heatwave." The agent's tone was nonchalant. Cody and Frankie looked up and noticed him standing at the entrance of the bunker.

"Hey Heatwave!" Cody greeted while Frankie smiled and gave a small wave.

The mech was slightly startled but quickly collected himself and greeted the three. "Hey, guys..Quickshadow." He cocked an optic ridge at the sparkly mess Cody and Frankie were covered in. "We were showing Quickshadow how to use glitter." Frankie held up a small container filled with the shiny substance.

"I don't see the appeal. That stuff gets everywhere." The mech stated. He wasn't very fond of things that made 'hard-to-clean' messes.

"It is rather hard to clean." Quickshadow agreed with his opinion, attempting to wipe off a few specs of glitter from her arm.