Epilogue

- four years later -

You woke up early that morning, frowning when you stretched your arm across your bed and grasped only empty sheets. You knew Spencer would be gone early today, but still, you wanted to be able to touch him one last time before it all went down. 

The apartment was quiet as you walked to the kitchen. You ignored the pile of stationary samples, pushing them aside while you started the coffee maker on the counter. The gurgle of the machine filled the silence, and you sat at the kitchen table while you waited. An extra invitation rested by your elbow, the simple cursive reading; 

Together, Spencer Walter Reid and Y/F/N invite you to join their wedding celebration

Saturday, September 13th

At Noon at 247 Hill Road, Stafford County, VA

Reception + Dinner to follow

You smiled as you traced your finger along the raised script before jumping at the sound of the beeping coffee maker. You hopped up and poured yourself a cup, drinking it quickly. Your phone buzzed against the counter. 

"Hello?" You said, cradling the phone between your shoulder and your cheek.

"Y/N?" said a cheery voice. 

"Good morning, Garcia."

"Oh! Such a good morning! Today's the day!" 

You smiled. "Yeah, it is."

"Are you going to head over here soon?" She asked with excitement in her voice. 

"It's only- seven in the morning," you said, checking the clock on the stove. 

"You're getting married at noon, shower and get your butt over here!" 

Penelope hung up on you abruptly, leaving you to start getting ready. In the bathroom, you made the water as hot as you could stand, letting the steam and the water wash over your body. You washed your hair quickly with your lavender shampoo, before washing your face and your body as well. You pondered for a moment, before kneeling in the shower and shaving your legs once more. After climbing out, you wrapped a fluffy towel around your torso and pulled your brush through the tangles gathered at the back of your head. Everything you needed to get completely ready was already at Rossi's, so you merely threw on a pair of sweats, a knit sweater, and a pair of sneakers before grabbing your purse and your keys from their hook by the door and walking out to your car. The cold air hurt your wet scalp while you climbed into your car. The drive to Rossi's was quick, but on your way there, you could feel the bundle of nerves resting deep in your stomach tighten. 

Spencer had asked you to marry him eleven months ago now, in the park down the street from your childhood home, where the two of you met all those years ago. You'd both gone home to officially meet each other's mothers. You'd already met Diana, of course, and he'd already met your mother,  but they'd both insisted. 

You blushed at the memory of Spencer on one knee as you pulled into Rossi's driveway. The gate had been lined with a million little lights, not lit yet, as it was still morning. You parked between Garcia's orange Cadillac and Rossi's cream Buick. The front door was yanked open before you even had the chance to knock. Penelope Garcia stood in the doorway, in a lilac robe and with her hair in curls. 

"Come on! You're late! She grabbed your hand and pulled you into the house, not letting go until she'd dragged you all the way upstairs and into the bathroom connected to one of the guest bedrooms.