Angst | Liam x Henry : Rest in Peace

Requested by: readerxviewerchan

"Goodbye, Liam Nabuta..." Zoey was pointing her gun at Liam, and Drew was about to jump in front of him, but...

BANG

They saw Henry collapse to the floor, as Jake and Drew ran to hold Zoey down.

This wasn't supposed to happen... The gun was pointed at Liam, not Henry. The bullet was for Liam, not Henry. Drew was about to jump in front of Liam. Why did Henry jump in front of him?

"Henry!" Liam shouted as he ran towards Henry. "Why did you do that!? You know Drew has a vest on, in case this kind of shit happens!" He said as he cradled the green-haired boy in his arms. He looked around the abandoned warehouse and saw that The Music Freaks were here.

"L-luke... Right? P-please, call an ambulance." The yellow-eyed brunette nodded and ran outside because there weren't any signal inside and around the warehouse.

"I-i'm okay L-liam *cough* It's okay." The green-haired boy coughed and blood trickled down on the side of his mouth.

"P-please stop talking Henry... The ambulance will be here soon, you have to hold on!" Tears were dropping from Liam's eyes. Henry reached over to touch Liam's cheek. "Henry?"

"It would s-seem *cough* that I won't ever be a-able to *couch* c-confess to you... If I won't d-do *cough* it now." Henry smiled sweetly at Liam.

"Confess? C-confess what Henry?" The brunette asked as he holds Henry's hand, that's on his cheek.

"I L-love you, Liam... I r-really *cough* do."

"Henry... I love you too... I've been hiding my feelings for so long... I've been in love with you ever since we met. Hell, I've been in love with you, ever since you stole my first kiss... But you were always around Lia..." Liam quietly said, and Henry chuckled a little.

"Heh... S-she's my childhood f-friend *cough* T-that's why. *cough* " Henry coughed out more blood. Liam held Henry's hand tighter.

"P-please Henry, that's enough talking." Liam pleaded and Henry smirked.

"K-kiss me, Liam..." Liam got surprised. "This m-might be your *cough* l-last chance to..." Henry's voice drifted off, as Liam leaned in. The kiss was gentle and loving.

When Liam pulled away he saw Henry's eyes were slowly closing.

"Aishiteru Liam..." Henry mumbled out before he completely closed his eyes. Liam shook Henry repeatedly, screaming his name.

"Henry! Henry... Please... Don't leave me..." Liam cried as he hugged the lifeless body of Henry. "HENRY!!!"

~ A few days later ~

Liam stared at the grave with a blank expression. As much as he wanted to cry he couldn't bring himself to. He felt so numb and broken in the inside. His heart was heavy. Everything was crushing him all at once, overwhelming him with various emotions, but also unfeeling at the same time.

"He didn't deserve this." Liam clenched his fists.

Their classmates, and teachers from their school were there to pay their respects. Henry's parents were there, Jake and Drew were by Liam's side. The Music Freaks were also there, Alexander was leaning on Luke, Hailey was being comforted by Sean, Millicent has her hands clench, and she was clearly trying her best not to cry, she just lost someone that always makes her day, Jake walked to Millicent and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. Even Sadie was there. Henry had met a lot of people.

"He shouldn't have left... He shouldn't have died."

"Breath Liam." A soft voice whispered in his ear, as a familiar gentle hand, pressed against his shoulder. And a slightly short body was pressed against his back, now wrapping his arms around Liam. "You've been standing here like a stone, Liam. We're right here for you, we'll be right here for you, all the way." Everything shattered and the brunette felt his walls crumble to the ground, making him naked bare, and vulnerable for everybody to see.

He was afraid to turn around in case, the one that gave him this slight comfort would pull away. Tears burnt his eyes when that someone turned him around.

Tears streamed down his face and Drew immediately wiped them away. "I don't think he would want to see you cry, Liam." Liam shook his head, and opened his mouth in retaliation but Drew cupped both his wet cheeks and gave him a serious look. "When it is time for someone to die, they will die no matter what happens. Nothing we can do to stop it. Death is unavoidable for all of us." Drew muttered to the trembling male. "But it will be better as time goes by."

"It hurts..." Liam spoke for the first time in a few days.

"I know, Liam," Drew whispered and pulled the taller male into a comforting hug. Liam leaned on the shorter boy's shoulder, suddenly feeling so drained to the core. "Let's go nearer, it would be impolite if someone close to him, stayed so far away." Drew said and held Liam's hand and shoulder as they walk closer to the grave.

Liam's legs suddenly feels jelly. But Drew's arm that was surrounding him helped him balance without collapsing on his knees. Liam felt his heart getting squeezed as he read:

Henry Midori
16
Died too young
Beloved friend, fighter, son.
May he rest in peace.

"Rest in peace, my love, life, and soulmate. I will Love you forever."