| 16 |

Them

"How good of you to finally join us, dragon." The man says, drawling out the last part, much to Namjoon's distaste. "We were beginning to think that you weren't going to show."

"What did you do to her?" He asks, ignoring the fire beginning to burn in his heart.

"Relax. She is unharmed." He responds, smirking as the next words leave his mouth. "For the most part."

Before Namjoon can say anything, he adds, "Don't even think about it. We can do this the easy way, or the hard way, it's up to you."

Despite his instant dislike for the guy, Namjoon tries his best to remain calm. After all, his first priority is to keep EunAe safe. If this is what it takes to achieve her safety, he will back down for now.

"Speak."

"Good. Now we're talking."

When the man, or boy, for he doesn't look to be much older than Namjoon doesn't speak, Namjoon shoots another question.

"What is it that you want?" He insists, growing impatient at the lack of answers from the man standing in front of him.

"Straight to the point. I like it." The man taunts.

"What we want is simple. We want you to join our side."

"And why would I want to do that?"

"Because we have your partner." He states, matter of fact.

"That's not a very convincing argument." Namjoon says, raising a brow. "No deal until I see she is safe."

"Fine. It's only fair. We'll show you we're not the heartless monsters you think we are."

"This way."

Namjoon can tell EunAe is nearby, he can feel it, but there is also something else that is keeping him from finding her exact location.

His hear drops in his chest when he sees the girl tied up against a tree, the back of her head tirelessly resting against it.

"EunAe." He says, her name leaving his lips before he has time to think.

Upon hearing his voice, the girl's head snaps up, her eyes wide when she sees his figure, EunAe quickly shaking her head when she sees him take a step forward.

Don't. She says.

Confused, the boy's brows crease together into a frown, his eyes searching hers for some sort of answer.

The look she is giving him. There is a message hidden behind the look she is giving him. A warning.

Before he can figure it out, the guy speaks up.

"There. Safe and sound like we promised." He says, Namjoon clenching his fists at his comment.

Safe? And sound? How does that make sense when the girl looks so tired.

"She put up quite the fight you know, but it's nothing compared to what we can do."

Keep calm. He tells himself, fighting every urge he has to punch the guy in the face.