| 03 |

The next morning, EunAe can't wait any longer in bed, letting out a huff as she pushes the covers to the side, changing her gaze from the unfamiliar yet familiar ceiling, to the door.

It's funny how she's only spent a few hours in this room, and yet, it already feels like a second home of sorts. Like the home of a friend she hadn't seen in a long time. Unfamiliar, yet comfortable.

After nearly rearranging the room, EunAe slowly opens the door and peeks. Look at the hallway, looking for any sign of activity.

When she doesn't see any, she steps out of the room and heads for the kitchen, looking through the bags of forgotten groceries to find something to eat. Fortunately, she had bought enough to make her favorite dish.

With a smile, she gets to work, humming softly as she cuts up the vegetables and adds them together with the rest of her meal.

On the other side of the small house, Namjoon stirs in in his sleep as a pleasant aroma reaches his nose, his brows drawn together in confusion before yesterday's events come rolling back into his mind.

With a beaming smile, Namjoon quickly changes his clothes, taking a while in the bathroom to make sure that he looks as presentable as possible for his partner. And that smile grows wider when he sees her place a full cooked meal on the table.

"Oh, you're awake!" She says with a bright smile of her own, her hand pushing a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "I, um, made some breakfast?" She says but it comes out as more of a question rather than a statement.

"Thank you." Namjoon says taking a seat. "It's very kind of you to prepare a meal."

"It's really nothing," she says frantically waving her hands in front of her, her cheeks coated with a slight tint of pink, "I usually only cook for myself so I hope it's good...."

She starts, Namjoon chuckling as she rambles, her rambling stopping when he takes a spoonful of the food and places it into his mouth, her eyes wide as she waits for a reaction.

Namjoon closes his eyes and slightly tilts his head back as the flavorful meal invades his senses. This had to be the best dish he had had in a long time.

"This is so good!" He says eating another spoonful, and another after that until his plate is empty. "Thank you for the food."

At hearing this, EunAe brightly smiles at him and takes his plate, but before she can take a step, a gentle hand pulls her back.

"Don't worry about the dishes, I'll do it later."

"Are you sure?" She asks and he nods, his face so determined that it doesn't allow room for much argument. "Okay, then."

"Did you use all your groceries?" Namjoon asks noticing the empty bags.

"Not all of them," she says with a smile, "I left some for you since I saw that most of your cupboards were empty."

"Ah, t-thanks." Namjoon replies scratching his temple. He had completely forgotten to buy groceries. How embarrassing. "Well, I can take you back to town if you want?" He offers and she hesitantly nods. "Okay!" He says standing up. "I'll just get the house keys and we can leave."

Five minutes later, EunAe chuckles as Namjoon victoriously lifts the keys in the air. "Found them!" He cutely says making his way towards her.

He opens the door for her and together they step outside, EunAe taking in the peace and beauty of the surroundings to his house. She would definitely make sure to learn the way to his place, so on their way to the market, she makes sure to pay extra attention to anything that might help her remember her way.

As the sound of the busy market grows louder, EunAe notices how stiff Namjoon looks. His hands are shoved in his pockets, his gray hoodie is pulled all the way down so that it covers half of his face, and his eyes constantly glance at the people in the market. Not to mention that he was extra careful of bumping into people.

"Namjoon," EunAe softly calls out, "is everything okay?"

"Huh?" He responds, clearly disoriented, "yeah, I'm okay." He says pulling on his best smile, but her face remains serious, so he proceeds to explain, "I just don't really like going out much."

EunAe nods her head in understanding and shyly offers her hand, growing more and more nervous until Namjoon hesitantly grabs hers, his shoulders relaxing a bit.

At first, it seemed to help, but the longer they stay in the market, the more anxious and antsy Namjoon gets. Noticing this, EunAe makes it a point to shop as quickly as possible and go home. After all, he accompanied her all the way here from his home.

"All done." EunAe says with a smile, linking her arm with his as she drags him away from the crowded market.

"So fast?" He asks glancing back at the multiple stands with items.

"Yes. All done." She repeats lift its the bags up in the air, trying her best to convince the boy.

"Okay." Namjoon hesitantly says rubbing the back of his neck, his gaze fixed on the floor as they walk. "Sorry about that."

"Don't worry about it." She says, smiling when he takes the grocery bags from her hands.

The boy had been a nervous wreck the whole time, but still, EunAe couldn't believe how relaxed Namjoon looked almost as soon as the crowd died down. Although she doesn't know the reason behind it, now she knows something about Namjoon. He doesn't seem to like crowded places.

I wonder what kind of shifter he is...

She wonders slightly glancing at him, the thought fading away when they reach the entrance to her house.

"This is it!" EunAe announces with a smile. "The small apartment where I live, and it's not too far from your place."

"That's good." Namjoon says with a smile, his dimples on full display as his eyes crease into crescents.

As she unlocks the door, EunAe's eyes trail down to the floor, letting out a squeal when she sees a small scroll waiting for her at her doorstep.

It's here! It's finally here!

Hi loves! It's been a while hasn't it? Sorry about that

Hi loves! It's been a while hasn't it? Sorry about that. I know it's a bit late but I hope you enjoyed~
As always, thank you for reading. I hope you have a very purple day. 💛
~Van💛
(2020.11.29)