11

After talking with Caleb, Luke dragged Reggie and me to go talk to some of the lifers. To get to know a little bit about what we missed while we were 'dead' for 25 years. I waved to Alex as we left.

We talked to this couple, a man in a dapper black tuxedo and a woman with long white hair and beautiful white dress. They were telling us about their favorite movies from the past 25 years, when we got on the topic of Star Wars. Oh no. They told us that Han Solo was killed off.

"They made 8 more Star Wars movies? And they killed Han Solo?" Reggie cried. Luke and I looked at the couple apologetically. "What kind of future is this?" Reggie said before running away.

"We found out like, 2 weeks ago. We just didn't have the heart to tell him. But please don't mention Jar Jar." Luke said turning back to the couple. They just smiled before walking away. I turned to Luke.

"Oh my goodness. Where did he go?" I asked looking around for Reggie. I finally spotted him talking to 2 guy in white suits. I ran over to him, but I was too late. They already mentioned Jar Jar. He looked at me with horror in his eyes before coming over to me, Luke, and Alex.

"What's a Jar Jar? Why would they do that?" he cried. I put my arm around his shoulder.

"Aww Reg. I'm sorry." I said leaning my head onto his shoulder. There was now a slow song that turned on. I quickly moved my arm off of Reggie.

"I have a great idea! Why don't you go dance with Sabrina, Reg. Maybe that'll cheer you up!" Alex suggested. I looked at him with wide eyes, Luke sent him a death glare, and Reggie just got red cheeks. Alex then pushed us out onto the dance floor.

"So. Um. I guess we should dance then, it seems like the right thing to do." Reggie said. I just gave a small smile in response.

He slowly put his arm around my waist. He looked over to Alex and Luke nervously. Luke was watching us closely with his arms crossed. I put my hand on his shoulder. And Reggie held my hand. This all felt very familiar.

"This is kinda like that school dance." Reggie said. I looked up at him.

"Yeah. Kinda." I said. He looked at me concerned.

"Hey, is everything okay? You don't seem to be yourself lately." Reggie said. I just shrugged. "Come on. You can tell me anything." He said with a smile. 

Oh his smile is so perfect. It gave me butterflies.

I then shook myself out of my thoughts and looked back up him.

"Yeah. I mean it's just been a lot of change and stress." I said. He nodded and pulled me closer to his body.

Lie. Well it wasn't a full lie. But I just got butterflies and feel so awkward whenever I'm around him. I used to be this bubbly, outgoing, loving girl. Now it's almost the opposite it feels like.

"Maybe we can change your mind on that Jar Jar character and watch the new Star Wars movies?" I suggested after a period of awkward silence. He furrowed his brows at me.

"But you hate Star Wars?" He said. I looked up at him with a smile.

"Well, for you I'd watch them forever." I said. I watched as he cheeks turned a shade of pink. I leaned my head onto his shoulder as we danced. He laid his head on top of mine. It felt right. Absolutely perfect.

We were interrupted by Luke clearing his throat. Standing there with his arms crossed and tapping his foot. Reggie and I quickly let go of each other. We both had red cheeks.

"Oh hi Luke." Reggie said with his voice going up a few pitches.

"Yeah okay. We found Caleb so let's go talk to him now." He said. He grabbed my arm and dragged me as we walked over to the table. Alex and Caleb were there waiting for us.