5

When I got back to the studio the guys were just messing around with their instruments. Reggie saw me and flashed me a smile.

"So Julie just told me she didn't get back into her music program." I told them. They all frowned. "I wish there was something we could do to help her you know? Like bring the music back to her." I said while sitting down on the couch next to Reggie. Luke then had a light bulb go off in his head.

"I have an idea. You guys remember that song 'Bright'? I think it would be perfect for her!" Luke said while walking over to his guitar case, where he kept his writing notebook.

"Wait that's actually genius!" Alex said with a smile.

"Yeah it's even in her range and everything!" Luke said while ripping it out of his notebook and walking it over. We all took a look at it and agreed we should share it with Julie so she can sing it for her teacher to get back in!

Luke then poofed away to Julie and left the 3 of us alone. Alex looked at me and Reggie sitting on the couch together. 

"I'm going to go see my old house and see if I can find my sister." He explained. He looked at me and winked before leaving. I felt my cheeks turning red. Now it was just me and Reggie. Sitting next to each other on the couch. Really close.

"So..." I said. Reggie looked at me and then looked down at our hands that were almost touching. He looked up at me and smiled as our fingers became intertwined. He moved closer to me and then put his arm around my shoulder.

"I hope Luke doesn't mess this up for Julie." I said while breaking the silence. And we both chuckled a little bit. 

************

The next day we poofed into Julie's school gym to see Julie do her big performance to get into her music program. Julie turned around and was very surprised to see us.

"What are you guys doing here?" She whisper yelled. 

"We're here to see you stick it to the man!" Luke responded. Alex and I both just smiled. But Reggie was in a trance watching the girl in brightly colored outfits dance.

"Man. I miss high school." He said. I hit his arm to bring him back to earth. He looked back at me and smiled. We all turned back to the girls performing. I looked over to see Alex dancing with them. I giggled a little bit.

Once the girls finished the whole crowd went wild for them applauding. The girl in the middle smiled and waved.

"Thank you! Make sure to check out my new Youtube video." She squealed. "Oh yeah. And go Bobcats!" She said before they all strutted away. I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes.

Then 2 older ladies came out and spoke to the crowd of students.

"What are you waiting for? Now is your time!" Luke said encouraging Julie. 

"Yeah and you look nervous. Like yack in a bowl nervous." Alex added. I hit him in the arm and gave him a death glare. Julie looked to Luke.

"I just don't think I've had enough time to work on the song." Julie confessed.

"I wouldn't have given it to you if I didn't think you were going to rock it! Now come on, there's a piano up there with your name on it!" Luke said while motioning to the piano up on the stage.

Julie nodded before running up to the stage. She sat down at the piano and adjusted it a little bit. The students were starting to exit the gym. Before she started she looked over to us. We all gave her a thumbs up and an encouraging smile.

She took a deep breath and started playing on the keyboard. Then she started singing. The tech guy noticed and turned some lights onto her. Some of the students started to notice and walk towards Julie.