33(PC) - Lando Norris

'Come and take my hand, promise you won't regret'

Carlos laughed as he walked closer to Lando, shaking his head at the younger lads remark. "I know you think you have a girlfriend," Carlos grinned widely as he put an arm around his teammate. "But I think this Nova is all in your imagination."

Rolling his eyes, Lando sighed as he moved away from Carlos. "I don't know why you don't believe me."

"You've been talking about her for ages, but no one has met her yet." Carlos just said what everyone else was thinking. "I'm beginning to think you believe yourself," the older teammate teased as he winked at his friend. 

Lando turned back to the computer he was typing on, "Fine. I'll ask her to come tomorrow. Then maybe, you might believe me."

Carlos noticed the saltiness in Lando's voice. "Okay then," Carlos laughed quietly as he walked away. 

"What's up, Lando?" Cheryl asked as she approached the driver of the car she'd been working on. "Everything seems as good as it's going to get for tomorrow's race. You're sixth on the grid, why aren't you smiling?"

He looked over at her, an almost sad look on his face. "Ahh, just this Nova business."

Cheryl leaned against the table as she looked at him, she wanted to make him feel better but she had her doubts. "I'm not saying you're lying," she told him as she crossed her arms over her chest. "But no one has even seen her yet. You don't follow anyone on Insta with that name, nothing on Facebook-"

"She's not a fan of social media," he was quick to defend the woman he was dating. "She's just prefers to keep herself to herself."

"What is she doing with you then?" Cheryl joked as she grinned widely. 

Lando laughed at her words, he often wondered the same thing. Nova was perfect. He wished he knew what she saw in him. He also wanted her to know what she was letting herself in for, being with someone in the public eye. 

XOXOX

It was race day, Lando was standing in his garage in his overalls hanging around his waist, his tight fireproof shirt on top as he nervously glanced up from his phone every now and again. Nova replied to his message, promising to come to his race today. 

He paced towards the door, looking around for the beautiful blonde. 

Lando wondered what she would be wearing today. She was always full of surprises, her taste seeming to change every time he saw her. The first day he met her in the streets, she was wearing all black, almost giving off a goth vibe. It didn't stop him from asking her for her number. When they next met on a date they arranged over text, he was surprised to see her in something that was a total contrast to the goth look. She wore a beautiful pale pink dress with golden heels, her hair beautifully pulled into a fishtail braid, nothing like how he remembered her. Everytime since, Nova surprised him with her constantly changing wardrobe.