20&21(2) Mick Schumacher

Walking along the pit lane with my family, I kept next to my brother as my parents walked ahead of us. "Why have you brought me here?" I asked my brother as I straightened the lanyard that was dangling around my neck with the VIP pass on it. "You know I absolutely detest racing."

Theo rolled his eyes as he looked at me, "I just thought you might enjoy it more if I brought you to see it in the flesh." My brother was a good man but somehow he knew how to wind me up. "You never know who you are going to see either, maybe we can find both you and me some nice men."

"Right now, I am not in the business of looking for a man." I looked away from my brother before I shook my head a little before I pushed my large sunglasses up my nose and hitched my handbag up a little more. The truth was I had been seeing someone for a while, I just had not got around to telling my family or friends yet. The relationship was still fresh and exciting, I didn't need anyone poking their nose in just yet. 

My parent's stopped a few steps ahead of us, Theo and I got to them before we stood alongside them. "Mr Matthews, nice to see you again," I looked away from my brother and up at the man who was talking to my father. The voice was one I had become ever so familiar with over the last few months, one I didn't think I would hear today.

Everything seemed to stop there and then, in front of my father was the man I had been seeing. Not only was he greeting my dad like an old friend but he was wearing racing overalls. My eyes widened behind my sunglasses before I looked down at my mobile phone in my hand, checking the time on it as I listened to the conversation. 

"Mick," my father replied as I noticed them shake hands. "How is your father getting on?"

"He's doing very well," Mick said with genuine happiness in his voice. "Thank you for asking," he turned his attention to my mother. "Mrs Matthews," he nodded before he and my mother greeted each other with a kiss on both cheeks. "It's lovely to see you here, I didn't realise you were a racing fan."

My mother laughed a little, "It's more my husband and son's thing. You have met Theo, right?"

I watched as Mick and Theo shook hands, "Theo Matthews." My brother introduced himself, "The better-looking twin and actually fan of Formula One." He put his arm around me, "And this is my sister. Don't worry about this one though, Dior here isn't a fan of this whole thing."

At this moment in time, I wanted to punch him in the face. "Nice to meet you," Mick offered his hand out to me. 

"You too," I awkwardly looked down at his hand before giving him mine. I was a little limp wristed as I just seemed to let him do all the work. 

Taking my hand back, I put it in my pocket as I moved away from my brother and shook my head. Looking up at Mick, I was glad to see his attention was on Theo who put his arm around the driver in a friendly manner before they walked away chatting. I took a deep breath as I watched them walk away, pulling my sunglasses down for a moment, Mick looked back and at me. I could see a slight smile on his lips before he turned back to my brother. 

XOXOX

There were only ten minutes until the big race, I had ended up being separated from my family. I walked slowly along, my hands clasped together behind my back. 

"So, Dior Matthews?" Mick sighed as he caught up with me, walking alongside me. 

I looked up at him, "Mick Schumacher, hmm?" 

"It looks like we have both kept our secrets." He smiled as he tilted his cap further down to avoid the sun getting in his eyes. 

Moving my hands from around my back, I crossed them over my chest as we stopped walking, stopping at his Formula One vehicle on the track. I knew so much about him, yet as I looked at the car I realised I also knew so little. There was so much about his life that had been off-limits to me, yet it never mattered because I had not told him things either. "I never lied, I just neglected to tell you." 

He nodded, "If I had of known who you were, things might have been a little different for us."

I raised an eyebrow as I watched him, my brown hair moving slightly in the light breeze. "That's why I didn't tell you who I actually was. I get that a lot, even from friends."

Mick sighed before he looked away from me for a moment. "Do your family know about us?" He asked me like he was trying to change the subject. 

"Of course not," I shook my head a little as I shifted all my weight onto my left side as I impatiently tapped my left fingers on the inside of my right arm. 

He looked back to me, "Don't look now, but they are looking over at us." The words were a warning that came from his mouth. Like most people, I turned my head and there standing on the pit lane was my family, my dad was doing a telly interview but I could see my mother and brother looking in my direction. I turned back to Mick and laughed a little as he widened his eyes. "I thought you wanted to keep this quiet?"

Unfolding my arms, I touched for right arm instinctively before I gave him a wide grin. "I don't think there is any chance of that now," I didn't even care. All the things we had not shared seemed to make sense. "Besides, you know how I feel about you..." I trailed off as I bit my lip to shut me up. 

"And how is that?" He asked as he put his hand on my right forearm and looked at me through those massive baby blues. I shook my head as I refused to speak, I didn't want to make an idiot of myself. "Come on, say it, just three little words."

Slowly, I looked down at his arm before I returned the eye contact. "Mick," I warned him as I tried to stop myself getting lost in those beautiful eyes. "You know how I feel, don't make me say it."

He leaned down, close to me, his lips almost touching mine when I felt a hand on my back. Quickly I stood back up straight before I looked around, almost breaking my neck at the speed I moved. "Theo!" My teeth were gritted as I looked up at my brother, my eyes were narrowed as I stared up at him. 

Theo put an arm around my shoulders as he looked over at Mick. "So, this is the guy who's been keeping you in check."

If I could have punched my brother there and then I would. 

Shaking my head, I looked away from my brother and back to the man I had become so fond of. "Good luck out there," I moved out of Theo's grip before I got on my tiptoes and kissed Mick on the cheek before I walked away leaving the two young men in my life a little baffled.