Maybe Tomorrow - Lando Norris

As the music pumped through the room I gripped hold of the closest thing to me which just so happened to be my best friend, only when he turned around I was surprised to see it was not who I was expecting. "You're not Smithy!" My voice was loud to match the volume of the music in the room, I let him go as I straightened myself up. Now that I was looking at this guy I realised he didn't look anything like my best friend, James Smith at all. 

"It would seem I'm not," he said blankly as he smiled before he turned away from me.

"Hey, wait!" I followed him in my stupidly large heels that I decided would be a great idea to wear out in a club. He didn't stop walking but I did manage to catch up and walk alongside him. "You're not from around here, are you?"

He stopped and looked at me, "Is it that obvious?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "Probably not to everyone else around here." I looked around at the usual crowd of people that could be found in this club. "Hi," I laughed as I offered him my hand, "I'm Shelby."

He looked down at my hand before he shook it, I was afraid for a split second that he wasn't going to shake it, that he would just get bored with me and walk away. "Lando."

"That's unusual," I blurted out before giggling.

"My parents are pretty unusual people," he told me before he laughed. "So, Shelby, can I get you a drink?"

The peaceful conversation was broken between us when my best friend, Casey bounded over, her honey blonde curls bounced off her shoulders as she sautnered over. "Well, well, well, who do we have here?" She asked as she stood next to me and stared at my new friend. "Casey," she pulled him close to her and kissed him on the left cheek before biting her lip as she stood back and looked at him, she elbowed me in the side, "Aren't you going to introduce us?"

"Casey," I narrowed my hazel eyes at her as I spoke through my gritted teeth, annoyed that she had just shown up in her usual fashion to make a scene. "This is Lando, Lando, this is Casey, my friend."

She gave him an alluring smile, "So, Lando, can I tempt you to dance with me?"

Lando shook his head, his brown hair moving as he did, "I'm just about to buy Shelby a dirnk, maybe I can get you one too?"

Casey linked her arm with his, "Lead the way." She was so demanding when she wanted to be, something I could never be, I guess that was why we were good friends, opposites to each other. 

I hung back as I watched them head to the bar, again Casey had swooped in when I was chatting to someone. Just because I didn't want to take someone home it didn't mean I didn't want a good time when out in the club, someone to buy me drinks, someone to dance with, maybe even share a kiss with before the end of the evening. 

"Wow," a hand slung over my shoulder and I looked to the owner of the sweet voice. There to my right was our other friend, Daya, her brown hair limp as she looked over at the couple at the bar. "You have got to stop letting her do that," she told me with a sad look. "You do realise she just does it now because she can, because you let her."

Shrugging my shoulders I groaned, "I'm not in the mood for a confrontation. I just want to have a few more drinks and have a good time. Now where is Smithy?"

Daya looked around before pointing to a couple in the corner, I rolled my eyes. Of course, James would be the first one of our group to find a person to be getting off with. He was a smooth talker and very quick at getting the girls to do whatever he wanted. 

"That's not a surprise," I laughed as I looked up at Daya. "Shall we just get a kebab and go home?"

I sighed, "I guess that's all I am destinted to do tonight."

A few seconds later Casey returned to us with Lando who handed me a glass of wine. "You're friend told me what you like," he smiled at me. 

Slowly and unsurely I took the glass and grinned at him, "Thank you." Maybe tonight wasn't over yet. 

Casey looked between me and Lando before she looked at Daya, "Wanna dance, Daya?"

Daya nodded and she took Casey away from this situation leaving me with Lando who offered his hand forward and towards a free table. We headed over and sat opposite each other, me with my glass of red wine and him with his pint. "So, your friend, she told me you are an aspiring photographer."

"Something like that," Shelby laughed as she stared at the lad in front of her. "I mainly do prom photos and friend's weddings, just to fill my portfolio. I guess you have to start somewhere."

"I know that," he agreed. "It has taken me years to get where I want to be."

"What do you do?" I asked him as I leaned forward on the table, my hands on the wood in front of me as I smiled. 

He looked at me a little bit shocked by my question, "Don't you know who I am?"

I looked closely at him, was I supposed to know who he was? Oh the problems of being a cop's daughter, I spent less time outside in the real world and more time keeping to myself, only recently had I made the effort to venture away from the strict rules imposed on my life. "I can't say that I do," I lifted my hands up in confusion. "Sorry."

"I think me and you could be very good friends," he told me as he smiled. "I drive cars for a living."

"Amazing," I felt a spark light inside of me when he said it. I loved driving my own car but with my father being who he is I found it more and more difficult to let loose and see what it could really do. "Like a stunt driver?"

"Something like that," he agreed with a cheeky grin. His phone buzzed as it laid on the table in front of us, he loooked down at it and then back to me. "Sorry, I have to take this."

I nodded as he took his phone and got to his feet taking the call away from me. I looked over at Casey and Daya who were dancing together, Casey was visibly drunk as I watched her, Daya was looking after her, I smiled to myself as I looked down and got my own phone out checking it only to see a few facebook notifications which I ignored and placed my phone down locking the screen. 

"Sorry," Lando returned to the table and sat back down, "I'm going to have to make a move." He looked at my phone then glanced back up to my eyes, "What are you doing tomorrow?"

Laughing I spoke, "You mean before or after I have nursed my hangover?"

"How about," he reached across and picked up my mobile and offered it to me, "You let me put my number into your phone and you call me once your hangover is gone. Then we can arrange something when we're sober."

I couldn't help but smile, what a gentleman. I unlocked my phone for him and let him punch in his number, I had a feeling that tomorrow was going to be a good day, just as soon as my impending hangover had disappeared.