Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 47

"You're going to love this!" You exclaim, yanking Katsuki by his wrist toward the doors.

"Considering this is what your psychotic ass does for fun, I'm pretty sure this isn't going to end well," Katsuki instantly retaliates, groaning at the bright smile on your face. Anything with you is a recipe for disaster.

"Shush, you're coming with me whether you like it or not."

"I'm coming with you because you're still injured and I have to make sure you don't kill yourself," Katsuki snaps, holding your hand and remembering the scar stretched across your palm.

You only give Katsuki an infuriatingly, 'innocent' smile as you pretend not to hear him. You yank his hand and drag him out of the Heights Alliance, waving to the Bakusquad as you disappear out of the glass doors. "I don't know what you're talking about, Recovery Girl healed all of my injuries," You tease, lifting your shirt enough to show the bandages wrapped around your waist.

"Obviously not all the way."

You stick your tongue out at Katsuki in response, not seeming at all bothered by the events that went down a week ago with Nezu, Hagakure, and the League of Villains. For the first couple of days, he fussed over you like a mother hen and put you to bed rest. He made sure you were eating enough, staying hydrated, and getting plenty of rest. Katsuki even had trouble sleeping, afraid he would roll over and hurt you in his slumber.

You always brushed off his worries and remind him that you have survived much worse. The thought didn't sit well with him but he shakes it off, at least you aren't in the hospital.

Katsuki is dragged down the steps and across the yard to the UA gate as you smile brightly. You seem happy, which is better than nothing.

"You going to tell me where we're going?"

"Nope. It's a surprise."

"Well fuck," Katsuki says, gripping your hand tighter as he scowls at your cheery form. You chuckle at him, continuing to yank the pouty, blond gremlin behind you as he shuffles his feet. You know he's doing it to annoy you, tempting you to use your quirk to make him float and drag him along that way. The idea forces an evil smirk on your features as you glance at Katsuki with the deadly smile.

"Whatever you're thinking, don't," He growls.

You puff your cheeks out, upset that your boyfriend can read your disastrous ideas and intentions so easily. It makes it hard to get away with doing anything stupid.

"You're no fun."

After that, the two of you walk in silence, Katsuki keeping you close to his side. He knows as soon as he loses you in the crowd, the next time he sees you you'll be in a damn wheelchair. Katsuki uses your entwined hands as a leash, tugging you back to him any time you start to wander away a bit.

The comfortable silence gives you time to think to yourself, eyes catching a glimpse of the bandages around your wrist from where you broke it. It's mostly healed now thanks to Recovery Girl, but it still hurts when you move it too much. And, the memory reminds you of the words Nezu said to you before you broke your wrist.

"I may be the one who looks like an animal, but you are the true monster here, fighting without a bit of remorse."

A frown lines your features, replacing the smile that was there just moments before. Katsuki doesn't notice, cursing up a storm as he texts his mom, the lady asking when he's going to come visit again for dinner. And if he'll bring you along.

Your mind tugs you deep into those invasive thoughts, and you can't deny those words, having broken your body while continuing to fight through the pain like an animal. A monster indeed. You didn't even stop to hear their side of the story, why they did it, and if you could talk them out of it instead of jump at the chance to fight them. You remember your mind going foggy around the end of the fight, digging your hand into the blade of that knife instead of just using your quirk. It hurt, but maybe that was the point, the physical pain made you feel more human.