Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 37

Your head pounds as the nurse finally lets you sit up in bed, the oxygen mask being adjusted to move air through your new lungs since your other ones got shredded by that sword. You were sent into surgery immediately after arriving at the hospital, needing multiple organ replacements.

Needless to say, you barely survived the surgeries.

According to the nurses watching over you, you've been asleep for four days in a coma-like state. You had to be hooked up to life support just to keep your heart beating. It's been two more days since you first woke up, you constantly fading in and out of consciousness because of the pain medication.

The nurses informed you of all of the visitors you've gotten, Rumi, Keigo, Toshinori, and apparently several of your friends came to see you but were turned away by the nursing staff because of you being in critical condition. But finally, since you're awake and your tests came back okayish, the doctors are allowing you a couple of visitors for the day.

You sit still in bed, watching the door creak open and two faces peek around the corner with goofy smiles. Rumi and Keigo grin as they notice you're awake like the doctors said, rushing in to hug you.

"Baby Bird!"

"Bun-bun!"

"Hey! You heard what the nurse said!" Toshinori shouts, also coming into the room. You watch the two idiots rush to your bedside, bouncing around giddily.

Rumi and Keigo look at each other and nod before turning back to you with even bigger smiles. "Happy Birthday!" they shout, throwing their hands in the air as you tilt your head in confusion. You look to your other side to see Toshinori walking over and gently grabbing your limp hand.

"Happy Birthday (Y/n), you woke up just in time to turn seventeen," He says, rubbing the pad of his thumb over the back of your hand.

Your eyes widen, remembering that your birthday had been coming up around the time of the summer camp. And now here you are, spending your birthday in the hospital, bedridden. But, most of your family is here and that's what matters.

You smile under the mask, earning a pat on the head from Toshinori as the other two take a seat on the edge of your bed. But something isn't right. You turn your head from side to side, the realization hitting you that Hakamata isn't here. He got hurt during the fight with All For One.

You try to reach up to take your mask off and ask about him, but Toshinori instantly grips your hand and pulls it away. "You're not allowed to take it off until the nurses give the all-clear. You know you aren't even close to being completely healed yet after the stunt you pulled."

You huff with a pout, knowing that the chances of Toshinori trusting you alone and are slim. You scan the hospital room, trying to find another way to ask about Hakamata...and the students for that matter. Sure, you saw them getaway, but that doesn't mean they're alright.

Keigo notices your frantic searching, pulling out his phone to enter the notepad app and handing it over to you. You take it gratefully and type frantically with your bandaged fingers. Once finished you turn the screen to them, Toshinori crossing the room to see as well as the three huddle together to read it.

𝙸𝚜 𝙷𝚊𝚔𝚊𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚊 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚘𝚔𝚊𝚢? 𝙳𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚜𝚊𝚏𝚎𝚕𝚢?

Rumi is the first to respond, cracking a smile at how you're worried about others when you're the one who's hurt the worst.

"Hakamata is pretty roughed up but he'll be just fine. He wanted to wish you happy birthday as well but he's on bed rest," She tells you. You smile at the news, glad that none of your family members died. You don't think you could handle that again.