Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 43

Start from the beginning

Bakugo's face flushes as he stares at your confused expression, seeming so innocent despite the horrors he knows you've seen and been through. How can you still laugh after everything? How are you so strong and reckless at the same time? And why did he have to fall for you like this?

"YOU WANNA FUCKING GO...Out...on a date......with me?" With each word he utters, Bakugo's voice drops lower and lower as you stare at him with widening eyes at his outburst.

He keeps his grip on your shirt but looks away from you with bright red coating his lightly tanned cheeks. Your mind short circuits as you try to process what he just said. Did Bakugo Katsuki really just ask you out...on a date?

Your face heats up to the point you feel like you're going to pass out from heat exhaustion.

"Sure," You whisper a small smile gracing your features as Bakugo's head whips to stare at your happy (e/c) eyes. Bakugo's own eyes seem to shine, the blood-red his eyes usually resemble looking more like rubies.

"You-You're fucking serious?" He asks, his gruff voice hesitant as he stares down at you. He doesn't smile, but you can see just how happy he is as his eyes sparkle with the emotion.

You gulp nervously as his grip tightens on your jacket and he pulls your face closer to his. Your lips being so close you can feel his nervous, uneven breaths. "Why wouldn't I want to? I like you Bakugo."

At those words, Bakugo's face explodes into a brighter array of red hues, but he ignores his embarrassment and whispers, "Can I kiss you?"

A teasing grin appears on your face and his embarrassed one turns into a grumpy pout as you chuckle. "Only if you can keep up with me Boom Boom Boy," You joke, the blond growling at you and his grip tightens on your shirt.

"Shut up Shrimpy." And then he pulls you in for a kiss directly on the lips. His eyes close as his surprisingly soft lips press against yours and the sounds around you fade away.

You kiss back, standing on your tiptoes so Bakugo doesn't have to strain his neck to reach you. Your arms wrap around his neck (not to strangle him) and then he's pulling away. The awkward movement of your lips stops as he stares down at you with a grumble, cursing at you for making him feel happy.

"We're terrible at this," He whispers, knowing that the timing of the kiss was off and that your teeth weren't supposed to hit each others.

You chuckle, leaning into his chest, "Well I've never kissed anyone before so we'll have to practice," You say, smirking as the evil gleam appears back in Bakugo's eyes. You unwind your hands from his neck and place your feet flat against the floor, Bakugo ruffling your hair.

Somehow, when Bakugo puts his grumpy pout on, it doesn't seem very grumpy. It's almost like a happy pout that is trying to conceal his embarrassment. And, he looks like he wants to kiss you again.

Bakugo closes his eyes and leans down and places his lips on the crown of your head, pulling away a long moment later. "What about Icyhot?" He whispers, not wanting the others inside to hear him. You stare at him with a confused before tilting your head to the side and saying, "Huh?".

"Dunce Face said Icyhot likes you," Bakugo explains, glaring as he thinks about how you two went out last night because he didn't man up and ask you first. A small snort erupts from you and you start laughing, making Bakugo's face flush and he starts shaking you by your shoulders.

"Hey! Stop laughing at me! The fuck is so funny?!" He roars, shaking you violently as your head whips around with each jerk but it isn't hard enough to hurt.

"Todoroki is gay, he doesn't like me," You tell him, chuckling even harder and holding your sides as Bakugo stops shaking you.

"I FUCKING KNEW IT!"