3. Catch and Release

Start from the beginning

Steven's P.O.V.

After Peridot had grabbed me, she took me to the Galaxy Warp. I was struggling to try and get out of her grip, but it was proving to be hard.

Steven: Argh! Let me go!

Peridot: Enough of this!

Just as I was about to escape, Peridot had trapped me in some weird bubble. Then she used it to carry me over to the central warp. And I still had no idea what she wanted from me.

Steven: What do you want from me?

Peridot: I want to get off this lossy gem forsaken planet!

Steven: Huh?

Then she made the bubble disappear as I landed on the central warp pad with a thud. Then she used her weird robot fingers to gesture to the warp pad we were on.

Peridot: You have to fix this.

Steven: Wait, what?

Peridot: You're my last chance. I have no flask robonoids, I have no foot, and I have no response from Yellow Diamond

She then took a deep breath in order to try to calm down. And it looked like she was really desperate to get off Earth. Even now since she was willing to kidnap me straight from the temple.

Peridot: I know you fixed Lazui's gem, whatever you did, you need to do it to the Homewold warp, or else!

Then she activated a laser on her arm and I started to panic. But I knew that the others would come to save me any second now. But I decided to try and see if I could help out.

Steven: Okay, okay, just give me a second, my mouth gets really dry when I'm scared.

So I decide to see if my healing powers would fix the warp. So I licked my hand and placed it on the warp to see if it would do anything. And a moment later, Peridot looks around only to find that nothing happened.

Peridot: What was that? It didn't even do anything?

Steven: It..... doesn't always work.

Peridot: No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no. It has to work!

Steven: I'm real sorry.

Then Peridot just let's some sort of depresses laugh as she curls up onto the ground. I didn't really understand why or what she was scared of.

Peridot: This was it.......... This was my last shot *Gasps* I'm going to die here! Oh no.....

Steven: Hey, it's alright, Earth isn't really all that bad.....

Peridot: It doesn't matter what Earth is like! It's not even going to be like anything soon!

This really confused me, was there something on Earth she was afraid of. And it must if been dangerous to make Peridot this scared.

Steven: What are you.....

Before I could even ask her what she was talking about, the warp she used to bring me here activated. We both knew who it was as Peridot ran off to try and hide. Then a couple seconds later, the Crystal Gems, minus Y/n, appeared as the light died down.

Pearl: There he is!

Pearl then wrapped me in a tight hug before checking me for any injuries. And Amethyst was really worried about me to as she came to check on me too.

Steven: Guys!

Pearl: Are you ok?

Amethyst: What happened?