thirty nine - on our way

Start from the beginning

"taken everything?" soobin took charge once the plane landed safely.

"i hope so." beomgyu replied vaguely, still groggy from the nap he had taken on the flight.

"let's go then." seulgi passed them the bags they had stowed away and were soon out of immigration.

"does he know we're coming?" minyoung asked soobin.

"nah, we wanted to make it as secretive as possible."

they managed to flag down a cab, and by passing a piece of paper with yeonjun's address on it, were soon heaving their suitcases along with them as they prepared to ring the doorbell. after checking that there was a very unlikely chance that they would have someone other than yeonjun answer the door, taehyun took a deep breath and pressed it.

the faint sound of the doorbell could be heard through the door, and there was silence.

"he's usually home by this time..." soobin muttered, pressing the doorbell again.

again, the sound of the bell could be heard from the outside.

"maybe we got the wr-"

"shh... listen!" seulgi shushed soobin and pressed her ear to the door.

the group soon had their ears pressed to the door too, listening intently. sure enough, there was some shuffling in the house, cementing that there was indeed someone at home.

"he never drags his feet, are you sure its him?" minyoung listened harder.

beomgyu leapt up to press the doorbell repeatedly this time, colliding with hueningkai's chin as he did so, resulting in a yelp from the latter.

"i'm coming! stop ringing that bloody bell, whoever you are!" a familiar voice came from inside the house, and at that, the group of friends knew that they had gotten the correct apartment.

there was an audible gasp before the door unlocked with a loud click.

"how- why- when did you guys get here?" yeonjun stood in the doorway, taking in the sight of all his friends he thought he had left behind standing in front of him.

"arrived earlier in the evening, we came straight away!" hueningkai announced proudly.

twenty minutes later, they were scattered around the living room, some of them sitting on the floor. they each had a bag of snacks in front of them as they passed it around to share.

"did you injure it again?" soobin gestured to yeonjun's bound foot, which explained why he sounded as if he was dragging his feet.

"how long would this take you to get back to training?" beomgyu asked as he licked cheese dust off his fingers.

yeonjun did not answer, instead choosing to turn his attention to taehyun and hueningkai, who were staring out of his window.

he had evidently put in some form of effort into making his apartment as close to home as possible. he had picture frames lining the shelves, as well as the oddly-shaped clock he had had in his room, which was now hanging above the tv.

the view from his apartment was the most note-worthy one of all. he lived in a tall building, and had managed to snag one of the uppermost floors. the apartment overlooked the city, and when the lights were on at night, such as now, it seemed to have come straight out of a cinematic masterpiece of a film.

"amazing isn't it?' he limped towards the two boys, leaning against the wall smugly.

they could only nod, their eyes sparkling as they took in the sight.

"how has training been?" soobin tried again.

"fine. tougher than what i'm used to, but otherwise fine." his answers were always kept short when it came to questions about his training, he was perfectly fine with discussing everything else.

it was clear that yeonjun was not willing to discuss it for some reason, so soobin decided to drop the topic for now.

-

"yeah we get it, we'll go explore the city later." beomgyu shook his head in mock despair.

yeonjun and minyoung had been exchanging looks one evening, and it was clear that he had something to tell her and she him. they had ordered in for dinner today, since yeonjun obviously could not walk too much in his current state.

seulgi and soobin had volunteered to wash the plates, whilst hueningkai helped in drying them. beomgyu and taehyun were wiping down the dining table, putting away any spare cutlery and the likes. minyoung was pushing in the chairs after having kept the leftovers in the fridge.

yeonjun had wanted to help, but was met with six firm 'no!'s when he made to do so. therefore he had taken to sitting on the sofa, lazily flipping through the tv channels.

"stay safe." yeonjun called out to the group as they put on their shoes, preparing to head out.

"thanks," beomgyu said with a wink, "the same goes from us to you."

it took him awhile, but when he did, he was glad minyoung was busy somewhere else in the house because he flushed a deep red.

+its not going to end by this year i just know it i can feel it in my bones -- unless i publish two/three chapters a week