three - saviour

-

-

class was starting in five minutes, and minyoung had just left her house. with a piece of bread in one hand, she hrriedly slipped on her shoes with her bangs still put in a  forgotten curler and rushed out of the house, barely managing to catch the bus that was about to leave.

the school gates were closed by the time she reached, and the discipline master was taking down names of those who had not managed to make it in time.

"you'll get detention if you report there now." a voice spoke up from behind as she turned around and came face to face with a familiar face.

"oh, hi soobin." she greeted and he smiled in return, slipping his hands into his pockets.

"seeing how you seem a newbie, i'll teach this method to you," he trudged towards the opposite direction, "follow me!"

despite brisk walking, she barely managed to catch up with him since one step was easily two of hers. he gave no acknowledgment that her had noticed this, but she heard a chuckle. she soon found herself no longer struggling to keep up with him as he had slowed down.

the walk was quick and three minutes later they stood in front of a fence, which was blocked by a huge wall. she soon recognised the wall to be the one from the tennis courts, more specifically, the spectator stands. she gave soobin a questioning look and he simply smirked in return.

"yeonjun and i found this secret entrance in our first year, and we've been using it to sneak in and out of school."

as she pondered on that statement for awhile, she realised that if it really was as secret as he had just made out, why bother telling her? she then concluded he must be pulling her leg, taking advantage of the fact that she was so new.

"throw your bag over," he flung his bag and it landed with a soft plop on the other side before helping her with her bag as well.

"see this narrow gap?" he pointed at an area obscured by the plants that were creeping up the fence. if he had not pointed it out, minyoung would not have noticed it at all.

five minutes and a lot of sucking in of tummies later, the two of them were making their way towards the classroom.

"so, how has school been?" he asked, breaking the silence.

"it's okay i guess. at least i have seulgi to help me get used to the place."

he nodded before falling silent.

"is there, anything you're curious about?" he spoke up again.

before she could open her mouth to respond, a group of girls came running up towards soobin.

"why do you have so many cuts? are you okay?" they asked in concern, referring to the fact that soobin had gotten cut by the thorns whilst trying to squeeze through the gap.