twenty four - (almost) confession

(the fact that i could find a whole thread of these)

-

minyoung took a deep breath before knocking on the door to the principal's office.

a "come in" was her cue to enter, and she swallowed nervously before stepping inside.

"i've heard from your parents," her uncle had always been a straightforward man, "and i really would like to apologise."

she was unable to think of an appropriate response and therefore sat in silence. her mind was racing with the various ways she could bring up the topic she had come here for in the first place.

"you have something to say, don't you?" he looked at her, "you've never been able to hide your emotions very well."

"its just," she started, and took to explain her current position.

"you really don't have to," he tried stopping her, "you can just reapply for the formal admissions again next semester."

but minyoung had already made up her mind, and a slightly stubborn streak definitely did not help either. her uncle and parents therefore had no choice but to let her move forward with her intention, knowing very well that it would take more to change her mind.

she spent almost all her days with yeonjun for the rest of the week; the latter seemed to have taken it upon himself to ensure she passed the trials.

"you really don't have to do this for me you know?" she had protested initially, knowing that he had plenty of his own commitments as well.

"i've said it before, and i'll say it again," he took in a deep breath, "you're my friend, and i really want you to be able to stay."

the rest of the group would drop by occasionally, almost always bringing some form of snacks with them. they would claim that it was meant for the both of them, but the bags would already open and half empty by the time they got to them. nevertheless, they were a source of encouragement.

"just trust him, he's amazing at this." taehyun had said once, with hueningkai nodding along.

"you can do it, you're a such hard worker." soobin came by often with beomgyu.

"i'm sure he has plenty of plans, some unrelated, but you're in there for sure." beomgyu said the last time he came.

he never said another word though, once yeonjun had tackled him onto the ground after saying that.

seulgi made her realise what a great friend she was when she accompanied minyoung to train when yeonjun had to leave for his own trainings.