"You were the one who wanted to know about Sophie," Tam said. "Not us."

   With a sigh, Azalea exited the hut with Linh.

   "I have a proposition for the three of you." Wrinkly said.

   "So who are you guys?" Tam asked, frowning as he studied Wrinkly's wrinkles.

   "This is Mr. Forkle," Sophie said. "He . . . takes a little getting used to. And these are my friends, Dex, Keefe, Fitz, and Biana."

   Linh reached out to grab Azalea's hand as she breathed in sharply. Tam moved closer to Azalea till his arm was almost touching hers.While Sophie was introducing her friends, Mr. Forkle's eyes were on Azalea.

   'He knows,' Azalea thought.

   Azalea guessed that Dex was Techno-guy. He was cute, with dimples and strawberry blonde hair.

   Azalea took a good look at Keefe. He was taller, leaner, his face was more defined and his hair was, if possible, messier than before.

   Biana was even more beautiful than Azalea remembered. Her hair flowed down in waves and she handled herself with confidence and poise.

   And Fitz. Oh god. He was so cute, and yet he managed to look handsome at the same time. Azalea never remembered having a crush on the boy, but he just seemed so attractive to her.

   It seemed like everything had changed, but the one thing that hadn't, were their eyes.

   The Vackers' still shared the same piercing teal eyes, and Keefe had his ice-blue ones. The same Azalea had.

   Linh bowed shyly and introduced herself.

   "I really love your hair," Biana told her.

   Linh pulled at the long strands, brushing the silver tips against her palms. "Mine is less of a protest than my brother's. I melted my pendant to remind myself what happens when I lose control."

   "This is... well, you guys can call her 'Zee'," Tam said. "Why are you here?"

   "To make you an offer." Mr. Forkle turned to Sophie, and she explained about the arrangements they had made with the dwarves. They had a place, a better place, for them to live in.

   "What's the catch?" was Azalea's first question.

   Mr. Forkle's lips curled with half a smile. "There is none. King Enki and I have everything arranged. All he asks is that you respect his laws while you live there—which are really no different than elvin laws, except perhaps slightly less restrictive."

   Tam blinked several times. "Why are you helping us?"

   "Because someone should." Mr. Forkle stepped closer, his wrinkled features softening. "I make a point of trying to right the wrongs I see in my world."

   Linh wiped her eyes. "This is far more than we ever could've expected."

   "It still seems like there has to be a catch," Tam mumbled.

   "There is," Azalea agreed.

   "There isn't," Sophie insisted.

   "Please," Linh whispered. "I can't stay here any longer."

   Her eyes roved to the dying Wildwood Grove, and fresh tears welled. Tam sighed, tugging on the ends of his bangs. "Zee?'

   Azalea looked at Linh. She didn't want to disappoint her friend, she couldn't. So she nodded.