Home

Katlyn's POV

Its been three days since we started packing and we are finally done. Boss booked our flights to Sydney and found a place for us to stay until we picked out a house.

We had two in mind, both of which had 4 bedrooms. The first house was slightly tighter with smaller rooms but the second house had bigger rooms and two stories.

We both preferred the second one but thought we should look at both just in case. 

Boss had set me up with a job at a Mechanic shop not far from the area the houses were in. It had good pay and I could work my hours out when I get there, He also found a Uni for Jade to study at.

It was midday and our flight left in an hour so we were just about to leave for the Airport. Boss was going to come with us for a few days to help us unpack and settle in to the new house.

Jade was super nervous about leaving her Father but she knew he was getting us to do it for our own safety.

I was going to miss him too, he took me in all those years ago. Without him I would be some dead beat walking the streets to find food.

He had not only taken me in but accepted me as a family member then allowed me to date his Daughter.

Even though I would miss him I knew starting over again would be amazing. I haven't spoke to Jade about having children but I know I want to settle down and have them eventually.

But, if Jade doesn't want to I would never force her to. She wanted to study and be nurse so I had to give her the time to do all of that.

I love her and I am willing To wait as long as she needs.

We had just pulled up to the airport and we all got out and went to the Gate where our plane was.

We sat there for about 20 minutes before they started letting us onto the plane. We found our seats and the plane took off a few minutes later.

It was only a 4 hour trip but Jade managed fall asleep within the first half an hour. She was leaning against my shoulder and boss was on the other side of me.

He looked over to me and whispered "Katlyn?". I looked back and him and nodded. "When the time comes I give you full permission to put a ring of her finger" he smiled.

I laughed a bit at his wording but nodded "thank you boss." 

"Stop calling me that Damn it Katlyn, Call me Dad" he laughed. I looked at him to see that he was serious. I smiled at that, i thought of him as a father and now I knew he thought of me as a daughter.

"Okay dad" I smiled back at him.

(...)

The plane landed five minutes ago and they were only just letting us off. Jade slept almost the whole time but I didn't mind, She was cute when she was sleeping.

Boss already had a limo waiting for us to take us to look at the houses. We grabbed out bags and walked down to the limo.

When we got in boss told the driver the address of the first one and he took us there. We didn't even have to go inside before we realised the other house would be nicer.

We told the Driver to take us to the other house and he did. We pulled up to the house and walked over to the front door.

The house was absolutely beautiful on the outside I could only imagine that the inside was even better. We stepped through the door and immediately out jaws dropped.

This place was huge the walls were a nice white and there where windows all around.

We stepped further in and walked down the hallway. There were two bedrooms there, both were quite large and had built in Wardrobes.

There was one Bathroom down here that was huge. It had a double shower and a massive bath and toilet in the corner.

We walked past the hallway and into the kitchen. It had a huge bench top and Electric stove on the other side. The bench top was black marble and went really well with the white walls around it.

After admiring the kitchen we found the dining room then the living room where the stairs were. We walked up the stairs and come straight into a hallway that took us to the bedrooms and bathrooms

The first bedroom was the same size is the others but had a better view. We walked into the main bedroom, the walls were a light grey and there was a Bathroom attached to our room.

It wasn't as big as the other one but it was big enough. There was also a walk in wardrobe on the other side of the room.

We walked out of the room to the other side of the hallway. There was a bathroom here that was as big as the one down stairs but without the toilet.

I stepped but to the hallway to see another door beside the bathroom. I opened door to see a massive room with a toilet at the end of it and a sink a bug closer to the door.

Jade come around the corner and smiled "holy shit". I laughed and we all walked back down stairs.

I stood at the kitchen counter and smiled. "What do you say? Is this home for us?".

"I like that 'us'. But I really do like it. Father what do you say?" She asked. "Well it's not where I'll be living so it's more up to you's. I do like it though."  He stated at the end.

"I'll take that as a yes" I smiled and walked to Jade. I pulled her into me and whispered into her ear.

"This is out home".