The truth

Katlyn's POV

The car ride to Bosses office was silent. Jade looked mad, really mad. Me on the other hand I wasn't mad just... confused I guess.

Why would he hire him if he was part of the reason my life fell apart. It's not like he wouldn't have known he does a full background search before hiring anyone.

I snapped out of my thoughts when Jade's hand landed on mine. "We are gunna figure out what the hell is going on baby" she said with a small smile.

I nodded back at her knowing she was there for me no matter what happened.

We pulled up to the building and I felt my nerves coming over me. I showed Alex around not knowing that he was part of the reason everything was so fucked up.

We got out of the car and Jade grabbed my hand. We walked to bosses office and Jade knocked on the door. "Come in" boss said from the other side. We stepped in and Alex was sitting across from Boss.

"Father... Alex" Jade snarled not even looking at Alex.

"Hello dear, please take a seat. Alex was just leaving" he smiled. "No!" Jade snapped. "Sit your ass back down Alex. As for you Father, you will sit there in silence until I am done talking." She finished.

Alex sat back down and Jade's Father looked shocked but still complied.

"When we came earlier we knew something about him was off" Jade said eyeing Alex.

"So we went to see Jim. We got him to do a background check on Alex and we found out he was apart of the same gang that killed Katlyn's Parents." Jade said not taking her eyes of her Fathers.

He looked down with what seemed like guilt. "Tell us Who the fuck he is and why you hired him." She finished. "Watch your language Jade" Her father said.

"Don't start that bull shit on my right now. Tell us what we want to know." Jade growled.

He sighed "Alex. Tell them... Now". We both looked at Boss then back to Alex. The fear in his eyes showed before he looked back to boss. "Tell them everything you told me damn it!" Boss snapped.

"Katlyn... Jade... yes I was apart of the gang that kill your parents. Your Father hired me after I told him the truth about everything that went down that night" he paused.

"Katlyn.. the night your mother was killed, I was there. Your father was apart of our gang but he started to get addicted and when our boss sold our supply he snapped and threaten to call the cops on us all." He took another pause obviously trying to figure out how to word it.

"Your mother knew what was happening and the night we showed up she asked for one last thing. She asked to talk to me in private. When we walked away she said to me 'Alex, i know it's about 12 years to late but... you are Katlyn's Father" Alex was tearing up just talking about it.

"When your Mother and father first got together we slept together. But back to the point, I told your Mother I would make sure no one hurt you but the night your father was killed I couldn't stop them. They were bigger and stronger then me and when I told them to leave you out of it they laughed and told me to shut up. After that I sent you here, so that you didn't get hurt physically". He finished.

I didn't know what to say. It was clear Jade didn't didn't know either.

We were both in shock. Then Alex stood up and moved to me "Katlyn. Just know I am sorry for everything that happened, and that I loved you and your mother with my everything".

I looked up at him with tears streaming down my face. I believed him, I looked nothing like my father but there were features on the both of us that were very similar.

Neither of my parents had green eyes but Alex had the deepest green eyes.

I stared back at him to see tears falling out of his eyes. I shook my head and stood up before walking out the door.

I walked down into the basement to grab a bottle of whiskey. Boss stored all the alcohol down here so that people didn't see it.

I opened the lid and slid down the wall beside me. I stared at the bottle in front of me for what felt like hours before the door opened. I looked up to see Jade walking down the stairs.

"Hey baby" I smiled. "Hey babe, are you okay?" she questioned.

I shrugged back, my head was still all over the place "better now that you're here" I said while she slipped down beside me. She held her hand out so I would pass her the bottle in my hands.

I passed her the bottle and she chugged heaps of it. I didn't think she was into whiskey but it was cool that she was.

"I don't know what to do baby" I finally sighed. She said nothing but laid her head on my shoulder. It was silent for a few minutes before she said "what every happens we will figure it out together okay?" 

She sat up and looked at me and we stared each other's eyes before she cupped the side of my face and pulled me into her.

Her lips touched mine and I felt safe again, I felt less alone. She pulled back and smiled "I love you" she whispered.

"I love you too" I said back not thinking much about it.

I knew I loved her and I knew she loved me and that was all that matter for us right now.