[Chapter 10] Confession | Apparition 5: The Confession Tree

[Your Name]'s POV:

I clutched a lime shaded watering can closer to me as I let out a shaky breath, staggering towards the water sink over in the garden to fill up the can. I felt my cheeks flare with a reddish blush after recalling the events of last night

~

"[Nickname]-chan, you did well today. Don't strain yourself anymore and get some rest. After all, I truly do care about you."

"E-Eh?!"

~

I placed the watering can down as I brought my hands to my cheeks. It's only been a month since we have finally seen each other again and it has surely been eventful. I've been able to spend more time with Yashiro and Kou since I haven't been given much Student Council work. And I've been able to spend more time with Hanako! But, why did he have to kiss me on the cheek so suddenly... and so casually too! And why did he have to say that afterward... Oh gosh, how embarrassing!

"Amane..." I mumbled. "Gah! Why do you have to be so complicated?!" I yelled, turning the tap aggressively as water began to spout out.

I panted heavily until I felt everyone's eyes staring at me. I let out a sheepish laugh as I turned to them, apologising before taking the full watering can and walking over to my area of plants. I closed my eyes, deep in thought.

'Why did Amane have to go ahead and do that. Yes, we've held hands and hugged each other as friends. But he's never kissed me on the cheek before! In fact, I've never been kissed by anyone! Wait... does he like me?'

I stopped in my tracks, my eyes going wide as my heart pounded in my chest. An evident crimson blush rising on my face. My body shook slightly causing the water in the watering can to sway around as it hit the edge of the watering can's container.

'No... that can't be right. He's never thought of me as anything more than just his best friend, right? I mean, by the way he talks or acts around me I guess it can seem like he does but he's quite often just messing around. He doesn't take that stuff seriously most of the time...'

"[Your Name]-chan!" A voice called out from behind me as I yelped in surprise, giving an inaudible sigh of relief afterward seeing it was only Aoi and Yashiro. "What are you making faces for?"

'Should I tell them?' I pondered, humming to myself. 'I guess it would be nice to get some advice...'

"I need some advice about something..."

|~*~|

We sat in the school greenhouse as I explained myself to them. I told them about Hanako, without using his name of course, and what had been going on including the sudden kiss on the cheek. The two girls looked at each other knowingly before turning to me with a wide grin on their faces.

"That sounds like he likes you, [Your Name]-chan!"

Letting out an embarrassed squeak, I covered my face with my hands, another hot blush rising on my face. "A-Are you sure?"

"Kissing you out of the blue can't mean anything else!" Aoi nudged me with her elbow teasingly.

"B-B-But he's not really my type!" I exclaimed as I became even more flustered.

'But it's true, I never really thought of Amane as being my type... at least I don't think he is. Although, he is really sweet and comforting even if he does a bunch of silly things that I find really cute... Gah! What am I saying?!'