[Chapter 4] Young Exorcist

[Your Name]'s POV:

"Fine, only three papers though." Teru finally gave in, making me smile with glee.

"Yes! Thanks Teru! Finally, I get to do my share of the work." I say, grabbing three sheets before heading out. "I'm gonna go and hang out with Nene-chan, see you guys tomorrow!"

"See you later."

"Bye [Your Name]!"

I shut the Student Council door and strolled on over to the old building. I managed to persuade Teru to give me at least three extra pieces of work so I was going to do that while hanging out with Yashiro and Hanako. I clutched the papers as I opened the roof doors, identifying two figures sat on a blanket that was laid out on the roof. I walked closer and could see them scanning the contents of a magazine.

"I wish a hot guy would fall out of the sky." I heard Yashiro mumble.

I raised an eyebrow as I sat on the other side of Hanako. "Pardon?"

"Oh [Your Name]-chan! And don't worry, I'm not serious. I can tell the difference between reality and fiction." She said expressionless. "But I'm working as an apparition's assistant, you know? I can't help imagining a special encounter."

"Special, how?" Hanako asked.

"Well, like this movie, for example." Yashiro started, flipping to a page in the magazine. "A poor girl is held captive by an evil spirit. Before her eyes, a handsome young man falls from the sky! He skilfully dispels the evil spirit and he and the girl are joined in love."

"Seriously? I'm being exorcised in that daydream." Hanako pouted. "No more dangerous ideas. Besides, you don't need daydreams like that," He lifted the magazine and took it from Yashiro. He then took her face into his hand and squished her cheeks, "when you've got me."

I glared at him and slapped his other arm. "Stop harassing Nene-chan, you'll scare her off."

"Aw~ Is [Nickname]-chan jealous?" He teased, letting go of Yashiro's cheeks and facing me.

My eyes widened for a moment before I turned away from him. "N-No. Just be quiet." I huffed and crossed my arms, my cheeks glowing red.

Yashiro giggled. "[Your Name]-chan is so cute! I didn't know you gave [Your Name]-chan a nickname, Hanako-kun."

He leaned against me. "Hm... I suppose I did."

I put the extra work I had brought with me in my bag, knowing that Hanako would definitely not let me do them now seeing as though he was in a pretty playful and good mood. Suddenly, a loud noise came from the roof. We all stood from our spots and looked up. There we saw... Kou?! He was carrying his umbrella and pointing it at Hanako.

"That's far enough! I've finally found you, evil spirit!" He jumped off the roof. "I'm Kamome Academy Junior High, third year... Minamoto Kou! Remember that on your way to the underworld!" He cackled.

I hid my face as Yashiro turned to Hanako. "Umm, do you know him, Hanako-kun?"

"We've never met in person, but he must be a member of the Minamoto clan."

"What's that?" Yashiro questioned, tilting her head.

"Back when the darkness of night was deeper than it is now, we apparitions were called youkai and we were way stronger than we are now. The youkai were dispelled by the brilliant exorcist Minamoto no Yorimitsu, this boy's ancestor." Hanako explained, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"That's right! I see you know your stuff." Kou replied, impressed. "To protect people from wicked apparitions - that's a Minamoto man's job! So, I'm gonna exorcise you!"