[Chapter 14] A Hidden Side Of The Story

[RECAP]

Tsuchigomori quickly shut Kou up, clamping one of his spider-like limbs over his mouth and lifting him up as Kou flailed around in a struggle. "Well, Number Seven-sama? Can't you trust me?"

Hanako paused for a few moments, holding on to Yashiro with a blank expression before pushing her towards Tsuchigomori. "All right. Take good care of my assistant... Tsuchigomori-sensei." Hanako warned, a threatening tone lacing his voice.

Me, Kou and Hanako watched on the other side as the bookshelves began to close. I glanced at Yashiro who looked anxious. I nodded my head, silently telling her that it would be okay. Tsuchigomori met Hanako's threatening gaze, his eyes lowering.

"Fine."

--------

Yashiro Nene's POV:

I walked a little behind Tsuchigomori, who had his pipe in his mouth, as I held a lantern in my hand, gazing around the tunnel and the various crystals and gems that were embedded within the cave-like walls.

"Hey..." He called out as I let out a hum to let him know he had my attention. "How is he?"

"Huh?"

"Number Seven." Tsuchigomori bluntly stated before continuing on, "Are things, you know... going okay?"

I paused for moment, my voice becoming monotone as I recalled all the times Hanako had started a fight with Kou and the multiple times he had basically sexually harassed both me and [Your Name].

"Well... he's mean, and he does things to lead me and [Your Name]-chan on, so I get fed up with him sometimes," I paused once more, remembering all the good things Hanako had done for us, "but he always saves me, and he can be surprisingly kind... I can't bring myself to hate him. In fact, I think of him as a friend!" I gleamed happily, a smile forming on my face.

Tsuchigomori stared at me for a few moments before continuing, "I see. That's all right, then." He mumbled, his pipe still in his mouth while he scratched the back of his head and looked away from me. "Say... How's [Last Name]-san doing? Is she alright too?"

"Oh? [Your Name]-chan? She's doing fine too! Her and Hanako-kun mainly hang out after school and although he annoys her sometimes, they act like they're the best of friends! It's strange, it's almost like they've known each other forever despite only meeting a month ago..." I replied, pondering to myself before smiling once more. "But I'm glad, I've never seen [Your Name]-chan so happy ever since she met Hanako-kun! She's usually doing work for Student Council so she always seems so stressed and never has any time to relax. But hanging out with Hanako-kun and the others for the past few days has definitely allowed her time to hang out with friends and to smile more!"

Tsuchigomori let out a hum and he continued walking, ignoring my questioning eyes as I tilted my head at him in confusion. Was he worried about Hanako and [Your Name]?

"Oh yeah, Sensei, I had a question." I announced clearly.

"What?" A bored tone lacing his voice as he spoke out.

"Is it possible to change what's written in the books in the 4'Oclock Library?" I asked, recalling the words that were written in my book for my supposed future.

"Unfortunately, the future is basically impossible to change." Tsuchigomori answered.

"Ugh." I groaned, disappointed.

"But I've seen it happen only twice." He added on as he looked back at me.

"Seen what?" I questioned, coming to a halt as I looked at the tall male as well as noticing the three doors that stood behind him.