三十九

2 months later

"To your right, hyung. I see them."

"Which hyung, dumbass? They're all our hyungs!"

"Oh! Right, I meant Lucas hyung, sorry," Jaemin said with a sheepish smile, apologizing to him through their headphones. All of NCT's 99 liners were assigned on a mission to catch the people who faked their deal with them, killing some of them in the process, but leaving the leader alive & captured so that Taeyong could take care of him later.

"Okay, we got him. Time to go home." They heard Mark say through his earpiece, signalling that the mission was over.

"Can you stop by McDonald's before you go home?" Chenle butts in, making the other Dreamies agree. Mark sighed in annoyance, giving in to their request and decided to buy everyone in the base food from the drive-thru. Mark told Lucas this since he was the one driving, so they went to the nearest McDonald's.

Yes, the WayV members will now permanently stay in NCT's main base in Korea. They decided that Guanlin can now take over the Beijing base, making him NCT's youngest unit leader.

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

"ME? Kun-ge I can't do this-"

"You can, I know you will." Kun said, assuring him. Kun knew for a fact that Guanlin fits the most in being the leader of NCT's Beijing unit. He might be the youngest, but he sure knows how to handle things well.

"Plus, we'll be here to guide you. Alright? If anything happens, we're just a call away." Ten added, smiling through the screen. Him, Kun, Taeyong, and Johnny were having a conference call with Guanlin and the other core members of WayV.

"So, we're all going to more to South Korea? How about our parents?" Lucas asked.

"Our parents aren't a problem. We can always tell them we're gonna study there with the twins, to keep them safe, too, right?" Hendery butts in, making the others agree. Guanlin took a deep breath after a few minutes of thinking, then nodded.

"Okay, I'll take the position. As long as Jun-ge's my second-in-command." Kun nodded, clasping his hands together and smiling.

"Congratulations, Lai Guanlin, You're now the leader of Weishen V unit of NCT."

And with that that, the meeting ended.

"We're back!" Lucas yelled, getting Jungwoo's attention who was lying on the couch.

"Where are we gonna take mister liar here, hm?" Hendery said, grabbing the man's collar and laughing. Xiaojun rolled his eyes at his friend's immaturity, telling him to put him in the basement along with him. Lucas and Mark held the plastic bags that were full of McDonald's. Mark spoke through his earpiece that the Dreamies would hear, telling them that their food has arrived. Jungwoo looked at the plastic bags and his eyes immediately widened and smiled.

"For all of us?" Mark nodded, getting him a burger and a drink from the plastic bag. Jungwoo thanked him and focus his attention on what he was watching.

"Where's Renxiang?" Lucas asked Jungwoo, receiving a shrug in response. Just then, Renxiang exits their clinic with Taeil, laughing about something the man said. Renxiang looked foreward and saw her sweaty, bruised cousin holding plastic bags full of McDoncald's. Her eyes lit up, seeing her favorite food. Lucas stopped her from getting some, saying he bought her her favorites instead of what the others are having.

"Thanks! By the way, all of you? Wash up, alright? So that we can patch & clean your wounds." Mark raised his hand, making Renxiang look at him and ask why.

"I think I broke my arm.." He muttered, trying to move his right arm slightly but failing to do so.

"Mark, sometimes I just wanna keep you in my pocket because you act so small, but then I remember you're a freaking mafia member," Renxiang said, chuckling.

"Your pocket?" He asked, confused. Renxiang rolled her eyes, dismissing what she said and continued on eating her food. She asked them if Taeyong already got his, but they shook their head no, so she decided to bring it to him. She got a burger and a drink, going now to his office.

She opened the door to his office and saw he wasn't there, so she checked his room to see that he was there watching a movie. His room has its lights off, a projector projecting the movie he was watching. She saw he was lying on his bed eating popcorn, too immersed on what he was watching to notice someone came in. She knocked at the door, breaking his thoughts and smiled at hi, making him smile back and pat the empty space next to him.

"The guys went to McDonald's before going home. And he's here. They put him in the basement, should I still aid him?" Taeyong shook his head no and put his arm around her, making her blush in surprise.

"Stay with me for a while, please? No mafia stuff after the movie's finished, just you and me. Please?" He pouted. Renxiang's heart softened, going to his side and making herself comfortable in the arms of Taeyong. He felt so soft - so vulnerable and fragile. At that moment, she didn't feel like she was in a mafia, she didn't feel that Taeyong was a mafia boss who probably has killed and tortured more than her fingers can count, she felt safe.

"Cherie, is there a problem? You're staring at me for quite a while now," he chuckled, kissing her forehead and caressing her hair. She nuzzled into his chest, smelling his strong yet soft scent, making her smile. She shook her head, not wanting to tell her thoughts to him, making him nod and take a bite on his burger, focusing his attention on the screen.