Chapter 20

Beginning of Part Two

My next mission: Getting out of this town.
It's not that hard. We live on the edge of our state. However, the state over is just wooden areas and abandoned homes for miles. Which that would be great, but now that she's out my life and a portion of her is in a jar, I have a strong craving to eat. Not having a nagging child is up lifting.
***
Indeed the state over is mainly wooden area and few houses, but it also has a highway to and from the states. The only one until another few miles over. And, of course, I end up at the edge of the roads. Two left, two right.
There are a lot of cars, all spaced out and going speed limits other than the speed limit. Some cars do a double take when they see a masked man behind the trees.
I can't be found as much as I already am though. Flashing blue lights and a wailing ambulance snap me out of my thoughts of watching cars and I begin walking straight a long the highway in the safety of the leaves and trees.
Impressively, I hear the sirens for a while. Images of being in my mom's car and us having to pull over so an ambulance can pass, and then asking "Why must we get out the way for an ambulance?"
"So whoever needs it can get it the medical help faster."
"But speeding the car causes more harm than better. Doesn't quite make sense to me."
And she'd roll her eyes.
Of course all the reasons to get the ambulance to the victim is important and all. I just like our dangers being put on line for that one.
But it's not like I know what I'm talking about. I kill people for God's sake.
•••••
Sphere POV
***
I begin to panic and gasp for as much air as I can.
There's a house phone.
I need it.
Where is it?
I drag myself down the stairs as much as I can and holding the gaping hole where he decided to turn on me. What did I even do?
I found it.
Three numbers then dial.
9-1-1. I can't. It rings. And I drop it. The phone. The room flashes a bright red. Then white. And then fades to black. And all I can do is hear the muffled noises disappear.
"Hello what's your emergency? Hello? Uhm. Okay I'll just send-"

***

I woke up in the hospital. The thing about hospitals is that they're the place of empty promises. I don't like it. I need to get out.

Another thing about being in a hospital is that there is a 50/50 percent chance that you're a patient and not a visitor. Which means trying to sit up sent a very strong pain in my abdomen. When I look down, there's a bandage around me and there's a huge blood stain covering it. 

To my left, my clipboard sits on a tiny bedside table. Speaking of beds, this one is ridiculously uncomfortable. Anyway, I reach carefully and grab it. Jesus Christ, there's so much useless information on this thing. I just want to find my release date. I really just want to get out of here and find Jack. I just want to find Jack. But when I do, I'll make sure to end what he's up to since he tried to end me. Quite unacceptable. 

I'll just make a vow to destroy and accomplish what I need. Jack will get what he deserves.

***

I did not mean to publish this chapter way too early guys. Heh, sorry. I also haven't been updating. Wow aren't I a greater writer. Many apologies. Let me know how you feel and what not about how I can't maintain a story line. XD Just kidding I'll try harder but I have no motivation. 'Til next time children.

***