Chapter 10

"Look buddy, put down the knife." He paused and got a steadier grip on the gun. "And take the mask off." I did put down the knife, but didn't take off the mask. "Good. Now the mask." He said. I shake my head. "Take it off boy. Are you mute?"

"No" I say and he ends up shaking again.

"Take off the mask." He finally said, somewhat confident.

I smile from underneath the mask and slide it off. This in which causes him to give completely up and faint on spot. I mean, I would too, seeing a 15 year old boy, eyeless, and killing people. Actually only two, one is hospitalized. I'm not going to kill this tall, lanky, weird guy. Not really a point. I already have two digesting already, and I haven't had an hallucination any time soon. So whatever. And I put my mask back on and walk off

***

But, now I have nothing to do. Nothing to do at all really. Just regret everything I've done. It's like when people appear I'm automatically drawn to them. Two I've killed. One I hospitalized and one I've made faint. Drawn to hurt them. I can't exactly... control it? I guess that's how you could put it.

I want to though. It's weird like. See person...kill. No other option. Kidneys mine. It gives me a headache. It's like my mind is a mind all by itself. And my literal mind is just there to help me process. Moms Advil's would really help right now. I stand from my spot. What to do...what to do. I ask myself.

Climb trees? Why not? They're everywhere and what else is there to do? I'm not good at it. At all. Pointless actually. Nothing is going after me, nothing is doing whatever would cause me to climb a tree.

I put a hand on a tree and pull it back. "Ow" I say to myself rubbing my hand. The tree was hot. Like the sun had been beating down on it all day, but from what I can see it hasn't. It's super shady here, it's the forest. Duh! It's strange.

Why is it hot? I step away from that tree, and place my hand on another. It burns me straight through the gloves and I stumble in agony. It's not supposed to be doing this. Well duh idiot. No trees are supposed to be hot.

I back away from as many trees as I possibly can. I'm so confused, all I can help think is that if trees are hot, hot trees normally mean fire. Maybe there's going to be a fire? But from what I read trees don't just go "hey I'm a tree I'm gonna burn today" or what ever trees might say.

And that's exactly what they weren't doing. When I touched the ooze, and it was on my face, it burned. The trees begin melting, leaving the black ooze as the residents of the melted tree, kind of like a candle.

Dear god I'm going. To die. It stings my eyes. I want it to stops but I can't stop it.

...Unless.

I tear through the woods. I need to get back to the tall, lanky policeman. Using the knife to help me tear through, I prepare to rip out his insides. The trees still going down. The stinging of my eyes still present.

***

Next chapter: Spheres point of view- everything Jack has missed.

Aha! Another chapter done.

What do you think?

If you have any questions please ask. It's hard reading a book you don't understand.

So comment?

Vote?

And yeah.

Thanks for reading!!!

*gives you candy*

Ninja out! =^•_•^=