Chapter 23

Thrown into chair around the table, just like the rest of them. Except, the chair I was placed in was actually one of the guys but I didn't say anything. My heart is pounding, I'm kind of scared. Especially of the noticeable guns that they did, in fact, have. Carelessly thrown on the table though.

"So, boy," the tall with a beard said. It looked like he was chewing something, "What are you doing out here in the middle of the night alone?" 

I decide to play the innocence card. I shrug and pretend to sink into myself.

"Gotta a name?"

"Jack," I answer way too quickly. Sounding quite confident too. Maybe I should dial it down a notch, more innocence. 

"Jack..." he thought it over, "So you're alone?" I nod, "What are doing here?"

I shrug again. "I decided to follow you into your little place because I've been watching you come here for like 3 days or so." I said bluntly. They look at me like some serial killer. They have no idea. 

"Uhh, why?" tall and bearded leans against the table. I feel like I'm in one of those intimidation rooms where they just question you until you give in. 

I don't like this but I see no reason to lie either. "Cause I'm alone. Need someplace to stay for a while."

"You in trouble or somethin'?"

"A lot," I slide my hands into my pockets grasping the knife's handle.

"What's behind the mask?" His voice is strong against the odds I've said. I think we might get along.

So I remove it and that's when they start to look at me even more strange. One of them even fainted. Parts of me are freaking out and telling me to hide, but the other parts are laughing at my success in being completely crazy. I can just kill them if anything goes wrong, so everything is okay. I just need a few backups, you know?

I explain to them what I did; still do and plan to continue doing. I guess I've scared them a lot. Now I can assume leadership position. I take charge and tell them exactly what I expect and their punishment if they don't. They must obey me and do what I say. They question what exactly I meant by punishment and I think my knife clearly showed my position in leadership now. This is great. I'm the king of 4 different people with adequate weapons and skill and such. The possibilities that lie ahead are almost endless. 

I laugh to myself. This was a whole a lot easier than I thought it would be.

Oh the things that are bound to happen.