Hunter Exam XVI

Third Person POV:

It had been approximately 50 seconds since Y/n and Illumi had taken that position. Y/n was keeping count of every second, same wise with Illumi. The area was dead silent. Nothing but breathing (which was supple too) could be heard. Both their auras focused only on their legs. Y/n had planned to make the jump at exactly 1 minute and 3 seconds since she had calculated that that would be where her strength will reach the peak.

Illumi coincidentally had the same thought. Though he was above y/n's level, they almost had the same mindset, making him think his peak would also be reached in 1 minute 3 seconds.

Right before Y/n was fully charged and ready to go, she gave Illumi a little glance. Kind of surprised Illumi returned that. She finally charged it all up and pushed herself with all her might. The platform below her turned to nothing but rocks and dust. Her jump was a little off than what she had calculated but as long as it took her where she wanted, she didn't mind.

Of course, she'd reached the platform without another flaw. She immediately went to the edge of it to look down, searching for Illumi as she had thought that he was still there. "What are you doing?" She heard the calm voice behind her and had a slight wave of surprise rush her, it left her as quickly as it came, returning back to her normal composure.

"I was looking for you, didn't know you made the jump with me, in sync." You finished saying without a change in expression. Illumi's expression had a slight smile. It was meant to be sinister but you couldn't help but think of it as a warm one. You smiled back a fake one and continued your way, moving forward onto the next stage.

Next came the monkey bars. Seeming simple and easy, stretching out for 500 metres at most. Of course, your first thought was to just hang through all of it. But when you saw what Illumi started doing, your view completely changed.

He started climbing the pole which were connecting the bars to the platform you were on and reached the top of the bars, standing on the iron rods. You felt so dumb at that moment as Illumi looked down on you from the top. 'Why didn't I think of this oh god. Explains why I'm below the Zoldycks'  You thought, mentally face palming yourself. You shook your head and started climbing the pole as well. Illumi was kind enough to wait for you and not just start bolting forward.

You made it up top as well, now you knew what you both were going to do. Both of you prepared yourself for 500 metres of running. Stretching a bit, you both got in your running stances and wasted no time dashing forward as soon as you were done. Expecting Illumi to be in front of you since he was faster, you were confused when he wasn't there but instead, next to you. "Shouldn't you be in front?" You asked out of the blue. "Why would I?" He replied with a question. "Well, aren't you faster than me?" You conversed with him while still running at an inhumane speed. "Am I now? Hm." He replied with a question again. You couldn't and wouldn't understand him, he was a confusing, emotionless meat bag.

Moving on, you two had covered 300 metres by now and it had only been a minute. You were reaching the end of this obstacle but that was shattered when you had accidentally tripped on one of the bars, resulting in you falling face first. You were ready for the iron to hit you in the face. You waited for 2 seconds, 4 seconds, 6 seconds. It hadn't hit you in the face yet? That was only when you had realize there was an arm wrapped around your wrist which was the reason you were still stuck in the falling posture but weren't actually falling.

Of course that arm belong to the one who had been running alongside you. You quickly stood up straight and shook his arm off, trying to recover from that moment of embarrassment. Some pink was visible on your face but you decided to ignore that. You quickly muttered a quiet 'ahem'. "Thank you." Said you. You decide to not stick around and start bolting again as soon as you had that little interaction.

.

.

.

There it was, you had reached the end of the monkey bars. You let out a quick sigh before jumping down and landing on the platform that lead you to the next stage. Illumi following not so far behind.

'What was the next stage again?'  You asked yourself. The question was quick forgotten when you saw it face to face. Jumping from platform to platform with a 200 meter gap in between. Sure it wasn't that hard but you were exhausted from this at this point. You let out an even deeper sigh before squatting down to catch your breath once before starting this new course and finally finishing this stage. Though you didn't know if it was the end of trick tower or not, you'd still be satisfied with just getting this stage done and over with.

This is exhilarating...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soooo, do y'all like my new writing style or is it still the same as my old one? I personally think I've improved. Anyways, since I'm not always free, how does 1 update per week sound? I might increase it to 2 updates per week if I'm feeling more motivated.

Anyways, as always

Author-chan out!