Ig the exam goes on

(Y/n) POV:

What I was met with, was even more surprising. Illumi was already there standing behind me. I did get shocked but I didn't want to break my image in front of him so surely I remained calm.

His face remained expressionless as always. I asked him one thing before observing where we were, "You think you could help me train sometime?"

Said me as I turned around to look at my surroundings and saw a broad path and where the path finishes was a pit fall that you couldn't miss. "I'll only help you train on one condition." Said Illumi as I was walking up to the end of the path with him following behind me.

"And what might that be?" I said as I was nearing the end. "That'll be told to you at the end of this exam by me of course." Said him as I was exactly on the edge of the path.

I groaned in curiosity and studied my surroundings more, I looked down into the pit fall and saw... A PARKOUR COURSE?!?! This wasn't really popular but it was still used in my excessive training with Bisky. Though, it has been quite a while since I've last did parkour. Time to freshen up my skills again I guess.

This is gonna be fun..

I thought as I cracked my knuckles and turned around to Illumi. "You ready?" I asked him as if I've known him for years even though we met a day ago, pretty sure it's been more than a day now.

He nodded in reply. I nodded back to him and looked down, starting to analyze the course.

Parkour Analysis:

It seemed pretty simple, first, there were two walls facing each other with a narrow gap in between so I'm guessing we have to jump from one side of the wall to the other to climb it. Then after climbing the walls and reaching on top of them, there were simple monkey bars.

This was a joke right? Anybody could cross that! Though, I doubt anyone would be able to cross that as I looked further and saw that the bars extended for 500 metres or so.

After the bars, you land and get ready for the next, there were 14 small platforms which were about 200 metres away from each other, so seems like we have to jump from one to another. This parkour seemed simple.

That was until you actually got to the first obstacle and now see the gaps between everything from this point of view.

Sure they seemed easy at first, but when you stand on the same level as them, you see why this "not so difficult parkour" was set up for THE hunter exam.

The gaps were now looking humongous compared to what I saw from the top. Now that I look at the top from this level, the parkour and the path up above had an approximate of 1400 metres of vertical distance.

I could've just jumped down from there without knowing the height and died right there in the spot.

If Illumi didn't stop me from jumping down at that point, I'd be dead right now. So I guess you could say his instincts actually saved my life for once and now I'm in debt.

This is why we had to take the stairs down here.

As we were now standing at the start of the course, I was a bit salty because now I'm in debt of Illumi and I don't like favouring others. Of course I was going to pay this debt back but now's not the right time.

We both got ready and looked at each other for a moment. His eyes were the same as mine but more attractive if you ask me. After a second of admiring his eyes, I nodded at him and he nodded back at me which signalled that we both were ready to finish and get this over with.

I turned my gaze back to the obstacles in front of me, took a deep breath, and said, not shouted or screamed, I just said, "Go." In a normal tone.

As soon as that word reached his ears, I saw a slight change in his stance and I took off before he could. This was not a race but I have a competitive nature so even though no one was competing, I had to win.

First came the wall jump. The only problem in this course was.....

There was only one lane.

So either I go first, or he goes first. Whoever goes first has to bear with the thought of someone else under them staring at their rear.

I was certainly very uncomfortable with that. I looked at Illumi to see how he felt about this but as I guessed, I couldn't read his features.

I sighed and I had to ask him at last, "Illumi, do you wanna go first or do I go first." With a plain tone as my dead eyes bored into him.

I got my reply after a minute since I saw him analyzing the lane. "Why do we need to jump from wall to wall when we can just jump up till the platform." He stated which surprisingly, caught my attention.

I liked where his head was at. He seemed to come up with the most ridiculous answers in situations but those always worked out if you ask me. He thought outside the box which proved that we had other options and I was fine with it.

I sighed and nodded my head in approval of his idea. As I looked at him, he was already charging up his strength to make it to the top of the 15 metre tall wall.

I inhaled then exhaled deeply before doing the same as him.

We both were in a squat like position, charging our legs with nen so we could boost ourselves up.

I've hated this phase from the beginning....

This is exhilarating....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Toast-101 I will hit you 🔫😃 this chapter was literally written all by me sis wtf is this 🔫😋 istg- now dont @ me for calling you out-

Till the next time,
Author-chan and Stupidbaka-sama out!