Oneshot number 3!

Embry looked out the window and, not for the first time, thought about how wrong the weather forecast had been. Earlier today, the forecast had been fiery skies and the temperature ranging from the 260s to 370s fahrenheit.

Instead, there were starlit skies and the temperature was only 127 degrees. It was freezing! He burrowed deeper into the pile of blankets he had constructed and wondered exasperatedly why on Teza did the heater have to be broken.

The mechanic-guy was supposed to come today, but then this mess happened and Embry was left to freeze to death in the sky. He looked down at the mass of brightly colored buildings awash in the starlight, envious of their heaters.

Suddenly, a crash sounded in the hallway outside of Embry's room and he promptly ignored it. It was too cold for mock horror movie actions.

Then footsteps creaked closer to his door and Embry started getting a little worried. His door was thrown open and in walked... Mechanic guy?

"Sorry I was so late, it was, well, cold," The Mechanic guy said in his gruff voice. Embry nodded, then stopped when one of his antenna smacked him in the face. "Ow!" He mumbled.

The Mechanic Guy chuckled and then after a dozen or so minutes, he stepped back from Embry's newly fixed heater. "There, as good as new. I'll be going now, so bye." The Mechanic Guy left and Embry warmed up nicely. He looked back out the window, down to the starlight-lit houses, no longer envious of their heaters.

                                                            THE END

ORIGINAL PROMPT: You look out the window and, not for the first time, thought about how wrong the weather forecast had been.

Alright, so I couldn't hold off posting this any longer. I just... I have no idea what this is.  It got away from me and I can't really explain much. For fun, I might add some concept art for it, but I have extreme procrastination, so no promises.

Have a wonderful day/night and stay safe!