Chapter 7: Burst of Anger

The brunette girl arrived at school the next day jet lagged - yet still excited to see her dearest friends. Before she can even step foot out of her car, Hannah and Jessica, two girls she's grown extremely close to over the past few months, are waiting practically dragging her out of her car and into their embrace.

"We want to hear all about Bali" Jessica exclaimed, linking her arms with the two girls as they make their way into Liberty High School.

Maisey talked about her trip with the two girls as they continued walking through the school corridors, passing by some of their classmates before stopping near their group of friends, more so the jocks.

"Where the hell is Dempsey" Is the first words to leave the girls lips as she's met with everyone but Zach, 'how dare he', she thought.

"Locker" she heard, looking up she was met with Monty who motioned quickly towards her locker where Zach was standing, talking to some random kid she doesn't know the name of.

She smiles, muttering a 'thanks' before she made her way towards him.

"I hope you didn't dent my locker, Dempsey" she shouted, a huge smile on her face as the tall Asian boy turned his attention to her instead, open his arms wide signalling he wanted a hug.

"I missed you"

He held her in his embrace for what felt like forever, but was probably one a couple seconds more before he pulled away, asking her all about the trip. For the second time today, in the mere 10 minutes she has been at school, she'd had to explain every detail of Bali, not that she minded. As she and Zach talked, Courtney walked up to them, obviously trying to pester them about something.

"What" the girl gritted through her teeth as she stared at Courtney. See, Maisey was nice. She was the angel of the group, she always kept the boys out of trouble. But when it came to Courtney Crimsen, all bets were off the table.

"Just wanted to make sure you two were attending the winter formal" she asked in a somewhat monotone voice.

"It isn't for another 3 months, freak. Why are you pestering us about it now" Maisey scoffed, completely disregarding the question.

Before Courtney could speak once more, Zach interrupted "we'll be there, ok. Now leave us alone." He spoke, once again turning his attention to the brunette in front of him.

Unbeknownst to the pair, a certain pair of ears were listening in to the conversation, making him more angry and upset than he's already been. Monty.

Maisey POV

So far, every class I've had has been bearable. For the most part, I've managed to actually complete my work and still muck around with my friends. By the time Chemistry had come around, I internally screamed knowing that I only knew one person in the class.

I walk in already noticing Monty sitting at the table we've been assigned to. Yes you heard right. Our teacher found it best to partner us up with someone for the entire year, it was just my luck that I got given Monty. I rolled my eyes as I notice the smirk toying on his lips, making my way to sit in the seat next to him, once again screaming on the inside.

"You know" he spoke up after a few minutes, "you never officially broke up with me" he smirked, a genuine look of confusion washing over my face.

"Ugh, what" I respond, running my hands over my face as I look at the tan boy once again, "you told me you wanted nothing to do with me, but you never said that you wanted to break up so technically we're still together". Wow. I told him we were done, doesn't that classify as 'breaking up'. I huff, responding to him annoyingly