Dames and I looked at each other "It's not important, not to you Anyways lock-wolves." Damon said and our door opened.

"Hey, why isn't Mads in bed? It's 12 in the morning" Ric asked "We have a problem." Damon said, handing him a drink.

Ric looked at all of us, in the living room and took the drink sighing "What's up now?" He asked.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nick and I went to my room, while Damon and everyone else talked. Caroline and Bonnie came over.

"Are you ok?" I asked him "I'm an 9 year old, who just killed a person and now I turn into a medium brown wolf." He said

I looked down "Sorry." I said, he stood up "I don't get how it's possible." He said "Really? You love fairytales, and things that seem to be impossible." I smiled.

Nick has a wild imagination, always has. When we were younger my dad gave us this book full of fairytales.

He would say he was the grandson of Snow White and Prince Charming and I was the daughter of Belle and the beast.

"Yeah, fairies, Prince and Princesse, magic. Not werewolves." He said

I smiled "Sit down." I smiled he looked at me annoyed "Just do it, please." I said. He nodded and sat.

I whistled and all the birds flew in, Molly and Spinn holding Thumper.

"Woah." Nick gasped "Hey, guys." I said "Hey, Maddy." They said placing Thumper down "They can talk?" Nick asked.

I looked at him surprised "You can hear us?" Lyric asked "Yeah, since when can animals talk?" He asked.

"You believe." Thumper hopped off my bed "Believe what?" He asked "In us, in magic." Molly said.

"We can feel it radiating off you, you're a believer." Spinn told him "In fact, you're something special." Molly said.

"Yeah, a half-human half-werewolf at 9 years old." He said "Yeah, but you also have the heart of the truest believer." Thumper said.

"Ok, whatever." Nick said "You are." I told him "Sure I am." He said "We're animals, we hear everything, we know everything." Lyric sat on his shoulder.

"Mm-Hmm and we know that you Nicholas Lockwood, are no normal kid." Thumper hopped. Nickolas

"You're like Madison, your heart is pure and innocent. You believe in things no other 9 year old boy does." Spinn flew around him.

"No other kids can hear us, only the product of true love, our Princess....Which is Madison." Molly chirped.

"And the one with the most innocent and purest heart, the heart of the truest believer.... You Nicholas." All the birds flew around him.

"So, I can like talk to all animals?" He asked "Yup, except Max over there." Thumper whispered.

"Yeah, that's only Mads." Spinn said "This is cool, does this mean our fairytales are real?" He asked.

"Nick, no...but magic is." I told him smiling "They're coming." Thumper said, they all hid in my closet.

"Hey, kids." Ric said, Damon, Tyler, Caroline, and Bonnie behind him.

We looked up at them smiling "Why don't you two head to bed, it's late." Damon said and looked at Tyler.

"Buddy, you're gonna stay here tonight ok? I'll be back tomorrow." Tyler walked up to Nick, he nodded and hugged Tyler.

Tyler is a huge jerk, I mean the biggest one in town, besides his dad. With Nick, he isn't, they're parents are always busy so it's always Tyler looking after Nick.

"Bye, little brother." He said and left out the room, going home, Caroline following behind him.

Bonnie was about to go, when she paused "You two, you have power don't you." She smiled.

"What? Bonnie..." Damon started "Dad." I said, motioning to the door, he rolled his eyes and left out with Ric.

"How'd you know?" I asked "I can feel it." She said "I have this weird connection with nature." I laughed.

"And Nick?" She asked, he has no magic he just has the heart of the truest believer "We don't know yet." I lied.

"Well, if you want help I can help you." She said "From a newbie witch I don't think so." Thumper said, too loud.

"What was that?" She asked "Nothing." Nick and I both said, she raised her eyebrow then shook her head.

"Well, you two have a good night." She waved and walks out, we both sighed. "Thumper!" I groaned they all came out.

"Sorry." He shrugged "Alright, lock-wolf you're sleeping in the guest room...Mads send the animals away." He said

"Rude." They all said Nick and I laughed "Are they talking about me again?" He asked and I laughed.

"Night, Damon." I hugged him "Night, Kiddo... and go to sleep." He kissed my head. "Ok, ok."I pulled away.

"Bye, Nick." I waved "Goodnight, Princess." He walked out with Damon.

Well, tonight was eventful. I can't believe my Best Friend activated his curse, I still don't know why he turned and what plan the man was talking about.

It's not a full moon tonight, he shouldn't have turned.

Nick is also the only other person who can hear the animals when they're talking. It's nice to have him knowing of the world I live in now.

I'm not alone, I'm not the only kid anymore. I hope nothing happens to him, he's my best friend, I don't want to be without him.

Flashback
"Hey, kids." Grayson and Miranda walked downstairs where Madison and Nicholas were playing.

"Hi, Daddy, Mommy." Madison smiled and Nicholas waved "We have a gift for you both." Miranda told them.

The kids looked back up quickly, with a smile "What is it? What is it? What is it?!" They both jumped up and down.

The adults laughed sitting on the couch, Grayson put the book that was in his hand on his lap.

The book was big, brown, and had old-timey gold writing that said 'Once Upon A Time'

The kids looked at it in awe "What is it?" They asked "It's a book, with fairytales inside, we found it in the storage closet

The kids looked at it in awe "What is it?" They asked "It's a book, with fairytales inside, we found it in the storage closet." Grayson said

"Thought you two would like it." Miranda said, The kids both sat down and Madison grabbed the book.

They smiled opening the book, seeing a picture of a large castle.

"Thank you, Daddy." Madison smiled "Thanks, Mr.Gilbert." Nick smiled at his best friend's father.

The parents left the kids to read the book "Wow!" They both gasped at the stories "I wish I was the daughter of Belle." Madison smiled.

"And if Snow White and Prince Charming were my grandparents, that would be awesome." They both laughed.

They continued reading the book, growing their imagination and belief.